is 30 too old for Easter eggs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is 30 too old for Easter eggs?

Haha! Is 30 too old for Easter festivities? I love to color eggs, but I won't eat them (yeeech!) but I make some darn good deviled eggs. Sooo, If the end result is gonna be deviled eggs anyway, I think we should color and hide them, in the spirit of Easter!! It's not just for little kids exclusively, right?!
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Re: is 30 too old for Easter eggs?

I don't think there is an age limit to make and hide the Easter Eggs.

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
      Haha! Is 30 too old for Easter festivities? I love to color eggs, but I won't eat them (yeeech!) but I make some darn good deviled eggs. Sooo, If the end result is gonna be deviled eggs anyway, I think we should color and hide them, in the spirit of Easter!! It's not just for little kids exclusively, right?!
      *imagines turtlegirl in an Easter Sunday dress and bonnet looking for hidden eggs*

I gotta get my mind out of the filthy gutter.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Here comes peter-cottontail, looking for the turtle girl.:d
        bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Last weekend we had our annual Easter soiree'. We always have an egg coloring station and had 3 dozen eggs for folks to color. We had a ham
          and everyone brought stuff to go with it. We had people from their 30's -80's
          and everyone loved coloring eggs! Most people had not colored them since
          their kids grew up. Definitely! Color eggs TG!

Comment

I attend an annual Easter dinner at a friend's home where one guest always brings eggs and a coloring kit. All us ol' futs have a grand time being kids again!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              All us ol' futs have a grand time being kids again!
              Even better if you can be a kid still, rather than again - never lose track of that joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                Even better if you can be a kid still, rather than again - never lose track of that joy.
                I hear ya, Leo, but reality is a bit different. It can be difficult nowadays for even kids to feel that joyful innocence 24/7. The key, I think, is to maintain the ability to return to joy when the realities of life take aim.

Coloring Easter eggs is a joyful experience, TG. Have at it!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  The key, I think, is to maintain the ability to return to joy when the realities of life take aim.
                  Your pop taught you well, Sue.

Comment

I'm doing it!! The eggs are boiling on the stove right now!! I had to call my mom to ask her how. She was totally tickled!
                    Does anyone else remember how loooooooooooooong it took for those darn eggs to boil when you were a kid? It was like foreeeever! And then waiting for them to cool until your mom said it was okay? And all you wanted was to get your hand on those eggs and try out your new coloring ideas?? Haha! Yay easter!

Comment

A challenge for next year....

http://www.learnpysanky.com/

Pysanky style eggs done using Hawaiian quilt patterning or other local motifs.

Comment

I just saw an article about putting a wide rubber band or two around the egg before putting it into the dye. When the dying process is over, and the rubber band(s) removed, it leaves a big white stripe on the egg. Way cool for being so easy!
                        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

I saw on tv about putting leaves and stuff on your egg and tying it up in pantyhose before coloring. I'm trying that now. So far it looks really cool! Photos to follow....

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
                            A challenge for next year....

http://www.learnpysanky.com/

Pysanky style eggs done using Hawaiian quilt patterning or other local motifs.
                            I know some adults who take doing pysanky seriously and very much enjoy egg decorating at this time of year.

Comment

I remember attending an adult Easter egg hunt--the eggs contained items strictly for adults. The usual potluck was part of the festivities. A fun time was had by all!

Comment

Working...
                              X