Sir Paul McCartney at Coachella Fest, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sir Paul McCartney at Coachella Fest, CA

Just wanted to share a few pics I took of Paul McCartney at the Coachella Fest, near Palm Springs, on Friday night. These photos were taken off of the big screen projections there, but all the same, they are good!

He was in great form and wonderful voice, and the crowd--a mix of EVERY kind of person, culture, age, etc.--went CRAZY!!! 2 1/2 hours of solid music--absolutely fantastic.
    Attached Files

Re: Sir Paul McCartney at Coachella Fest, CA

Cool pics. Thanks for sharing. What songs did Sir Paul perform on his set?
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Well, it's a LONG list, but here goes!! (And a great list, I might add...)

Jet; Drive My Car; Only Mama Knows; Flaming Pie; Got To Get You Into My Life; Let Me Roll It (with a bit of "Foxy Lady" at the end!); Honey Hush; Highway; The Long & Winding Road; My Love (a tribute to Linda on the 11th anniversary of her passing); Blackbird; Here Today; Dance Tonight; Calico Skies; Mrs. Vanderbilt; Eleanor Rigby; Sing the Changes; Band On The Run; Back in the USSR; Something (a tribute to George); I've Got A Feeling; Paperback Writer; A Day In the Life/Give Peace a Chance (a tribute to John); Let It Be; Live & Let Die; Hey Jude; Birthday; Can't Buy Me Love; Lady Madonna; Yesterday; Helter Skelter; Get Back; Sgt. Pepper Reprise/The End.

Unbelievable stuff. My favorite was "Something". He started out playing a ukelele and singing it, then midway thru they all just melded into the "regular" rendition of it, like George did way back when! He does great for a guy who's almost 67...but I am prejudiced! HAHAHA!

Comment

Awesome pics and what a list of songs. Fun City!

Comment

And I guess Lady Madonna was dedicated to Heather Mills.

One song that I never thought Macca would ever perform live was Here Today. That one is a 27 year old gem, supposedly written shortly after John Lennon was killed. That tune has the most heartfelt lyrics that Paul has ever penned. (That, and Little Willow from the Flaming Pie album.)

My Love has a beautiful melody and was a huge hit back in the day. But I always thought that song was spoiled by rather trite lyrics.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
          X