Hawaii's First guitarist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii's First guitarist?

While unhappily consumerizing at Easy Music, the State's worst music store(?), I noticed former Gov. Cayetano nearby purchasing a new Takamine accoustic. I first asked if he was gigging anywhere..., then asked if it was a present, and was surprised to hear that he was buying it for himself, while not knowing a thing about it.
    He may find getting those not so young hands stretched enuf to get anywhere with it to be painful, but we may see/hear another side of the man some day.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Hawaii's First guitarist?

What makes Easy Music the state's worst music store?

Comment

Did Ben Cayetano do the air guitar windmill move while playing Rough Boys?

Comment

What is the point of this thread?
        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
          What makes Easy Music the state's worst music store?
          The thinly veiled bad = unhelpful/blowoff/don't care attitudes of MOST, not all, of the floor workers. Our version of Guitar Center, which has the reputation of overall being a store to avoid. Not having a single example of the guitar/s I'm looking to buy soon didn't help, nor did the $60 price increase from the quoted price last week.
          If I'd had the time I would have given Good Guys Music on Kapahulu Ave. my $.
          Last edited by Ron Whitfield; May 5, 2009, 08:05 AM.
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Easy Music's website says they'll match internet pricing. I bought a Boss multi-effects pedal board in there several months ago. They were alright with me. Same price as MusiciansFriend.com

Something I liked about Guitar Centers, in Denver anyway, was they'd plug me into anything. $4,000 Paul Reed Smith, no problem. Pretty much set me up with a cord, amp of my choice, and stool and turn me loose to play whatever I wanted. Another store encouraged peope to come in and try guitars for an afternoon. They just asked that people didn't wear anything that could scratch the surface.

I'll buy gear off the internet before I'll buy from a store where I'm not in tune with the staff. You never know when somebody might be ready to spend a couple grand. Business must be pretty good in stores where they can shine-on prospective buyers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
              What is the point of this thread?
              Ben Cayetano bought a guitar. Which is interesting enough to me. He's just published a book, did the book tour... next stop, musical career! He could go on Hawaii Stars, where he's guaranteed a score of 9 or above!

Comment

Working...
              X