Dom DeLuise 1933 - 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dom DeLuise 1933 - 2009

The man who could make other laugh by laughing at himself, passed away yesterday at the age of 75.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Re: Dom DeLuise 1933 - 2009

I just finished reading some of the print articles about his passing. Gotta say, he was one of the nicest human beings I've ever had the pleasure of working with. I forget what commercial we were on but it was at a time I was bringing my then 7 year old daughter to work because she was out of school due to eye surgery. She had a big, ol', honkin' eye patch on, sitting next to me on the set when Dom starts rehearsing. He looks at her then thru hand signals and whispers, asks me if the eye situation is serious. I nod yes. He walks over to her and tells her she's his princess for the day. He had the prop dept. rig a 'throne' which was kept close to him, but just out of frame. If she wasn't on the 'throne' (no pun intended!!!) she was in his arms. They ate lunch together. She helped him rehearse his lines. After each take he asked her whether she thought it was good enough! She was in Heaven. He was a saint.

It was quite a day...one that endeared that man to me forever. RIP, Dom. There's only one way for you to go and that's...up. Look out, God, here comes Dom.

Comment

I always liked him--he seemed like such a great guy, and after reading this (above), guess I was right. I'm sure he's resting in God's arms now.

Comment

There were the bloopers at the end of the movies he did with Burt Reynolds. He made Burt Reynolds bust laugh with an ad-lib on a scene take.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          I just finished reading some of the print articles about his passing. Gotta say, he was one of the nicest human beings I've ever had the pleasure of working with. I forget what commercial we were on but it was at a time I was bringing my then 7 year old daughter to work because she was out of school due to eye surgery. She had a big, ol', honkin' eye patch on, sitting next to me on the set when Dom starts rehearsing. He looks at her then thru hand signals and whispers, asks me if the eye situation is serious. I nod yes. He walks over to her and tells her she's his princess for the day. He had the prop dept. rig a 'throne' which was kept close to him, but just out of frame. If she wasn't on the 'throne' (no pun intended!!!) she was in his arms. They ate lunch together. She helped him rehearse his lines. After each take he asked her whether she thought it was good enough! She was in Heaven. He was a saint.

It was quite a day...one that endeared that man to me forever. RIP, Dom. There's only one way for you to go and that's...up. Look out, God, here comes Dom.

Never having even met the man, he seemed like he'd be the classy, caring, and sincere guy you described here. Thanks for sharing that story, tutusue. He will be missed.
          Peace, Love, and BBQ!

Comment

tutusue, i read your post earlier in the day and didn't reply but i kept thinking about what you said and thought i should thank you too for sharing that amazing story with us. what an incredibly caring person.
            525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Working...
            X