Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A&W/Sunkist Floats

http://www.floats.com/

I found these at the 7-11 near Zippy's/HCC today. I haven't been able to try it because I don't have a bottle opener..but anyone else try or see these around? They look really good and I definitely love me some floats.
    myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Re: A&W/Sunkist Floats

I can't comment on the A&W Root Beer Soda Float, but I can tell you about my experience with the other:

A couple of months ago, I saw these at the 7-11 by Zippy's Makiki (the old Wisteria Restaurant site). I was thirsty, so I decided to try the Sunkist Orange Soda Float.

In happy anticipation, I opened the bottle and... ACCCKKKK!

Instead of the refreshing orange soda & creamy taste I was expecting, this product was just syrupy sweet - cloyingly, sickeningly so! It did nothing to quench my thirst, and in fact only made me more thirsty!

After a few swallows, I didn't even bother finishing it. Ended up going back to buy a Coke to extinguish my thirst.

Conclusion: NO LIKEE. I'm never going to buy another of those Sunkist Orange Soda Float-Wannabees!

Epilogue: The experience left me wanting a good Orange Float. So later that afternoon, I bought some Tropicana Orange Soda (tastes better than Sunkist, IMHO) along with some Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Ice Cream and Meadow Gold Orange Sherbet.

Went home and concocted my own gigantic Orange Float, complete with a nice head of foamy ice-cream froth.

And I was very happy. The End.
    To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Hm, can't say my experience was the same. Of course, I wasn't thirsty, I was just having a taste. To me, the Sunkist drink was alright, it basically tasted like a melted dreamsicle with a tiny, tiny bit of soda fizz. Nothing wrong with that to me, wasn't overly sweet for me either. Liked this one but it's definitely not for quenching thirst.

The root beer one was not as good, possibly because the bottle was shaken at some point and it exploded on me when I opened it. I was missing that soda fizz, too creamy and flat for me.

Comment

Yes I apparently tried those months back and hate to say.......

Nothing special but i'd rather scoop some ice cream of choice and top it off w/ soda ontop of it.

Comment

7-11?!

We need some A&W Drive-In's here! Frosted glass mugs with their classic orange drink or root beer, and babes on wheels, otherwise known as car hops, rolling up to your car window.
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

We had one in Pearl City in the late seventies, across Blaisdell Park at the corner of Kaahumanu and Kamehameha. I have good memories of that place.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Replaced by a Burger Thing, eh? I think I remember it. But wasn't there another somewhere?
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                Replaced by a Burger Thing, eh? I think I remember it. But wasn't there another somewhere?
                There was one on Nimitz. I remember the the servers with the roller blades and the big trays on the windows. Yep! Those A&W Root Beers, Cheese Burgers and French Fries w/ plenny ketchup wuz onolicious.

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

The ocean, diamond head corner of South King Street and Kalakaua Ave. It's a Jack in the Box now but back in 1979 it was an A&W.

Comment

Isn't there some kind of A&W restaurant in Mililani? I could've swore we passed one by last year, but I don't know if it's the same thing you guys are talking about.

Comment

Working...
                    X