No More Out of State Newspapers at Borders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No More Out of State Newspapers at Borders

Used to buy the Sunday Tribune once a month, they don't carry out of state newspapers anymore, only NYT. I used to buy something else on impulse when I went to buy the paper. C'est la vie. Now I can save some money because I won't go to Border's as often.

Guess they got tired of throwing away unsold papers every week.
    You can apply any terms to any situation to suit your perspective.

Re: No More Out of State Newspapers at Border's

If patrons aren't buying the mainland papers in sufficient numbers to make it worthwhile, then there's no point in carrying them anymore than it makes sense to continue wasting shelf space on magazine titles that no one buys. Borders is a business, not a library.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Re: No More Out of State Newspapers at Borders

YES.

Guess they got tired of throwing away unsold papers every week.

And doesn't that Advertiser get thinner every Sunday?
      You can apply any terms to any situation to suit your perspective.

Comment

Yes, the Advertiser does get thinner. And, if you don't receive a paper on Sunday there is a new rule that unless you call before 8:30 am you don't get it until Monday This happened to us this weekend apparently they let go the person in charge of "complaints" as the operator told us and therefore
        no way to get another paper out for that day.

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
          Yes, the Advertiser does get thinner. And, if you don't receive a paper on Sunday there is a new rule that unless you call before 8:30 am you don't get it until Monday This happened to us this weekend apparently they let go the person in charge of "complaints" as the operator told us and therefore
          no way to get another paper out for that day.
          Isn't it a bad time for newspapers to have bad customer service? The Sunday paper have ads in it for Sunday's day of shopping. What if there's a sale item you waited for that runs out on the first day, and you didn't know until Monday.

Comment

That's exactly right! "Service" would be a lost word by now. I don't know about other ads but Target sends one out by email every Sunday.

Comment

Working...
            X