Ko-lea 'A-kau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ko-lea 'A-kau

North Korea is in the news again today. Evidently the government is preparing to turn over control to Kim Jong Il's third son, Kim Jong Un. The Dear Leader seems to have had as many as two serious strokes. First born son Kim Jong Nam was considered the likeliest successor until he was caught trying to sneak into Japan on a fake passport so he could go to Disneyland. And the Dear Leader considers his second son, Kim Jong Chol, well, too effeminate. "My Three Sons"--I have never even thought about the dynamics of the Kim Il Sung family. Can you say "screenplay"?

Re: Ko-lea 'A-kau

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
    Can you say "screenplay"?
    or reality show?
    How about daughter Brooke and her singing career?

Comment

just curious - what is the translation for your thread title?
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I hope it means North Korea

Comment

It seems that Kim Il Jong was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer while getting treated for his stroke several months ago. I would not want to be the doctor telling the great leader that he is mortal and doomed like any other human being in the same condition. There are stages in accepting a fatal diagnosis and in the case of an absolute ruler the stages will be played out on a national scale, maybe a world scale. If the man had not been responsible for such infinite human suffering it would be a lot easier to feel sympathy for him, I only hope his passing is peaceful for the rest of us.

Comment

North Korea is in the news again today. Evidently the government is preparing to turn over control to Kim Jong Il's third son, Kim Jong Un.
            Interesting timing. The same thing more or less is occurring in Iran. Minus the "My Three Sons" scenario.

Comment

It seems that Kim Il Jong was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer while getting treated for his stroke several months ago. I would not want to be the doctor telling the great leader that he is mortal and doomed like any other human being in the same condition. There are stages in accepting a fatal diagnosis and in the case of an absolute ruler the stages will be played out on a national scale, maybe a world scale. If the man had not been responsible for such infinite human suffering it would be a lot easier to feel sympathy for him, I only hope his passing is peaceful for the rest of us.
              If by "suffering" you mean playing "russian roulette" with missiles against the global community (particularly the Pacific-Asian regions), then yeah.

Now if the NK population would stop treating anyone with a NK Presidential title as some kind of divine deity ... or some Hollywood-type rock star (looks at Obama) ... then maybe they can relieve their own suffering by impeaching or voting him and his family out of office.

As for his doctor delivering the bad news, I'd be surprised if he's still alive.
              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
              X