All I Want to Do...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I Want to Do...

...is go jump in the Pac Ocean right now. Right now, where we live, it is, with the Heat Index, 99 degrees outside. It is 3pm on the day before the first official day of summer and my husband decided now was the perfect time to do yardwork. We have a corner lot, so there is a LOT of mowing, edging, and weed-eating to do.

I am proud to say that I mowed the front, side, and about 1/3 of the backyard before I had to come in a take a break.

So for all of you who decide to go to the beach today, please jump in for me and enjoy the hell out of it!!!

Lucky you live Hawaii!!
    Last edited by surlygirly; June 20, 2009, 10:48 AM. Reason: tomorrow is the 1st official day of summer. Oops!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Re: All I Want to Do...

Hey SG, the Heat Index is 98 where I live, so I know what you are saying, but I can throw a rock from my veranda into the Sea of Cortez.

So what to do SG? I bought some fresh "hierba buena" (mint) this morning and in a couple of hours I'll be mixing up a batch of Mojitos with Havana Club cuban rum (illegal in the US). I'll put some Hawaiian/Tongan music on the IPOD and drift off to the islands. I wont be there physically, but I'll be there on an existential level. Works for me!
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I'm done with the yard work now, so I'm much happier. J's going fishing in an hour, so sitting in a dark, AC'd house sounds good to me! Have a drink for me, Matapule!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Shoot, I wish I just HAD a beach, I HATE this landlocked crap....god, I miss Hawai'i SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the FIRST time I have ever lived away from the water...

The nearest beach is a 4hour drive, and even then it is crap...
        flickr

An email from God:
        To: People of Earth
        Date: 9/04/2007
        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
        God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
          Shoot, I wish I just HAD a beach, I HATE this landlocked crap....god, I miss Hawai'i SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the FIRST time I have ever lived away from the water...

The nearest beach is a 4hour drive, and even then it is crap...

My beach is 200 yards away

Now you don't need a board or a power boat.
          All you need are wellies and and an over-coat
          to come sludge surfing in the Uk.

The river that runs through Liverpool is the Mersey and where I am is the Dingle. So we say " Yer feet will start to tingle when yer walking 'round the Dingle > Oh! Lord have Merci on us."

Comment

Working...
          X