X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Really Who Online?

Originally posted by lillian l. hong
    To pzarquon and Mel,
    I am so happy you two are so fast on the speed to make the poll and starting the discussion.
    I am very happy to find out some one, our member, voted for me. I can vote for myself, just like I can vote for myself in the real election, right?
    As to the broom, I did a TV program on it. I specified it is not the city employees are doing all these wrong things. It is the boss. If Dr. Bainum
    wins, Mayor Jeremy Harris will be gone when he becomes the Honolulu Mayor on January 2, 12:01 p.m. Dr. Bainum does not need a broom to sweep clean his own followers. What do you think?
    I admire pzarquon's upfront straight talk. My TV program is called
    Tili'i-Tell it like it is.
    I am a veteran in making TV programs on Olelo channel 54, since 1996. That is the only way I know how with not accepting any campaign contributions. to spread my city issues and that I am a mayoral candidate on air.
    I am in my pre-school stage for this e-mail thing. It took me so long to get to the poll to vote for myself. Ha!
    If any one goes to Collectible Show-this Friday, Sat. and Sunday, at Blaisdell Center, will you please drop by and say Hello? I am a jeweler/crafter by trade.
    Thanks.
    Love, Lillian Hong
    Re: Imposter lillyhong02@yahoo.com
    www.geocities.com/lillyhong02

To pzarquon & Mel,
    I need help.
    I tried searching with the above addresses.
    ~Your search "www. . ........." returned no results~
    The same with other one.
    On June 24, I went to Toronto, Canada.
    I got the search. The person had my picture on the page. He/she had seen many of my tv programs, he/she talked like me in writing, except his/her English was better than mine. Most of the contents were almost exactly the way I meant it. He/she did add some of his/her own ideas into it.
    I decided to ignore it, because I did not know what to do.

To day, I received a forwarding message from him/her to AskMayorHong@aol.com. Amy somehow sent an e-mil to lillyhong02. . . . . assuming that is me, to request a copy of my tv programs.

I do not feel like to respond to him/her-the imposter.
    I do not have an e-mail address to directly respond to Amy.
    What should I do now?

Somebody please help me!

Love, Lillian Hong

Re: Honolulu Mayor's Race 2004 - Chapter 2

Ryan, can we really have 2 people with the exact same user name registered on this board?
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Re: Who's Really Who Online?

No, two logins with the same e-mail or username can exist.

I don't think Lillian is saying this "imposter" is here on this board, only that she's constantly had problems with her elsewhere. There's a thread at HawaiiStories where the two Lillians have posted (there's no e-mail verification to comment there).

Lillian -- whichever Lillian you are -- if you want to continue a discussion about this mystery site, I've split the topic and moved it to Circuit Circus, as the original thread is about the Mayor's race in general. Online doppelgangers are nothing new, and a conversation about what to do sounds like a better fit here.

Advice, anyone?

Off the top of my head, if there's any place to start, it's the abuse or fraud system at Geocities.com. Though proving the site is fake might not be easy, a lot of times a free webhost like Geocities might at least suspend an account where copyright, intellectual property or identity theft is alleged.

Comment

"two logins with the same e-mail or username can exist."

Sheez, even in the MUDs I play, that can't happen.

Comment

Er, that should be cannot. Otherwise we'd all want to be Albert!

Sheesh. At least I got the "no" part correct.

My apologies.

Comment

"Er, that should be cannot. Otherwise we'd all want to be Albert!"

EEEEKKK!

Comment

Lillian,

I'm not sure if I'm following everything, but if AskMayorHong@aol.com is your e-mail account, then at least the "imposter" website you linked is inviting folks to contact you at the correct address. From what you wrote, it looks like someone did accidentally write to the Yahoo! account associated with the site (lilyhong02), and that person forwarded it to you.

In other words, it looks like someone has gone ahead and made a website on your behalf. As you mention, he or she seems to have most of the information right, and I can't detect any especially malicious intent.

Still, it's not cool to not make it clear that the site has no official relationship with you (a simple, third-person fan or supporter website would have been good enough). I would definitely take the steps Yahoo! Geocities suggests to report a fake site. Just fax 'em a letter with your contact information and a copy of your photo ID. You can also try the quick Abuse Form.

Comment

Why not just write to the Geocities person and ask who they are and what they're up to? You might find a fan or ally on the other end of the line. If you report them to abuse, you will lose an apparently ardent supporter.

My $0.02.

Blaine
                Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

I posted my imposter help in hawaii threads on July 25, 2004. I have not seen it again the next day. I thought I lost it by doing something wrong. I was just surfing earlier. I found it under circuit circus!
                  I have just found out so many of you have responded to my request for help.
                  Thank you for your caring and helping notes.
                  It was in 2002. It is now 2004 going to 2005. I decided not to do anything any more. I did try to go to the imposter's e-mail address before. I could not open it.
                  So, well, I like to go on with my life at something new and happy, to-day & to-morrow.
                  Thanks again. My grateful thoughts are overwhelming to the people in hawaiithreads.
                  Love, Lillian Hong

Comment

As I've said before Lillian...you are always true to your own beliefs. Just keep up your honest ways of expressing your political views...no one can take integrity away from you.
                    Retired Senior Member

Comment

Working...
                    X