Obama snubbed by Russians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama snubbed by Russians?

Has this been aired and discussed by US media? - www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoAuxw9m_p8
    If this is as real as it looks there should have been a major uproar by Obama himself at the moment and our diplomats afterwards. This should never have been allowed to slide if indeed it's as it seems.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Obama snubbed by Russians?

It isn't what it seems. Obama was introducing members of his staff, probably embassy staff. He isn't reaching out to shake his own staff member's hands, he is merely jesturing to them by name (you can see his mouth moving) as a way of introducing them to Putin.

Images are very tricky. I remember the discussion a while back on HT about a picture of a young girl making a rude hand jesture to a beggar. In my opinion it was not what it appeared.

Everything's cool!
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

By the look on Obama's face and how he seems to know there won't be any handshakes coming it's hard to construe this as something OK.
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
        It isn't what it seems. Obama was introducing members of his staff, probably embassy staff. He isn't reaching out to shake his own staff member's hands, he is merely jesturing to them by name (you can see his mouth moving) as a way of introducing them to Putin.

Images are very tricky. I remember the discussion a while back on HT about a picture of a young girl making a rude hand jesture to a beggar. In my opinion it was not what it appeared.

Everything's cool!
        Why read something into it ? Relationships between Yanks and Ruskies have never been better. Let's not upset the apple cart.

Comment

RE: Obama snubbed by Russians?

Everything's cool!
          According to Snopes.com, that video clip of Obama was taken out of context.
          (Snopes.com) ... he is neither offering to shake hands, nor being rebuffed in the attempt.
          Snopes confirms Matapule's assessment that Obama was simply using directional hand gestures to introduce delegation members to each other:
          http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/snubbed.asp
          To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Images are very tricky.
            True, like this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjF9IDMkOfw
            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by musubi View Post
              Snopes confirms Matapule's assessment that Obama was simply using directional hand gestures to introduce delegation members to each other:
              Correct. He was simply introducing each staff member by name. I suppose that had the President pointed his finger at each person, then there would have been no confusion about what was happening. But that would have been rude on his part.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

hmmm.

извините пожалуйста, господин президент. я думаю, что я вижу клопа постельная в ваших джинсах!
                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                  hmmm.

извините пожалуйста, господин президент. я думаю, что я вижу клопа постельная в ваших джинсах!
                  I'm no wiser, but I'm very impressed.
                  Speak to the heart and the man becomes instantly virtuous. Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                    hmmm.

This is what the handy online translators gave me:

"you will excuse if you please, Mr. the President. I think that I see chinch bed in your jeans!"

"Please excuse me, Mr. President. I think I see the bed bugs in your jeans!"

Am I even close?

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Working...
                    X