Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lance Armstrong

Cheer!!!!

[The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.]

Will that do it?

Re: Lance Armstrong

Bravo. The guy worked hard. The Tour de France is like running a marathon and a half every day for nearly three weeks. As athletes go, Lance has proven himself among the world's best... among enduranceathletes, perhaps the very best.

A friend of mine always follows the race to the second, and sends breathless e-mail recaps every day of the Tour. He's a big Lance fan, and is therefore quite happy this weekend.

Dogged by controversy, ranging from his love life to his alleged use of performance-enhancing substances, I hope this record sixth Tour win makes it all worthwhile for him. And now the question is, will there be an attempt at number seven?

Comment

I snarkily suggested here that if he tries again he should have to carry a bag full of newspapers balanced on his handlebars, like I used to do a long time ago. Hey, racehorses get extra weight sometimes.

Seriously, it's an amazing feat done once; when Lamond did it three times I was impressed, and when Indurain did it five times in a row I was amazed. To see it done six consecutive years just blows me away.
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

The guy's amazing. Legendary- as my brother would say. I'd like to see him win again next year.

Comment

The US Postal Service won't be sponsoring his team next year, but I believe a Nike or some other conglomerate like Nike would love to have him wear their patch!

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
          X