Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP, Former Philippines President Corazon Aquino

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32242550...ws-asiapacific

The article says her nickname was Tita Auntie Cory.
    Didn't meet her. But, I did bump into Imelda Marcos at the old Holiday Mart.

Re: RIP, Former Philippines President Corazon Aquino

Was Imelda buying shoes?

One of the articles mentioned that Cory Aquino was informed of her husband's death by "an Asian journalist." It could have been her brother-in-law, Ken Kashiwahara, who once was a newscaster on KITV.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
      http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32242550...ws-asiapacific

The article says her nickname was Tita Auntie Cory.
      "tita" means "auntie," so her nickname was actually "tita cory." in case you're interested, the filipino "tita" is pronounced "teetah" not "tihtah," as the local version of "tita" would be pronounced. i have no idea if the local tita has any roots or relation to the filipino one.

while president arroyo did declare days of morning for corazon aquino, it should be noted that she also pardoned ten soldiers convicted of killing benigno aquino earlier this year. additionally, the philippine government may allow the pardonees to collect their military benefits.

In 1987, a court convicted the soldiers of killing both Aquino and Galman and sentenced them to 40 years in prison. The trial failed to establish the mastermind, but speculation has long focused on Marcos, who died in exile in Hawaii in 1989. Six other soldiers were also convicted. Three died in prison, including aviation security commander Brig. Gen. Luther Custodio, and three were pardoned.

Sen. (Benigno Aquino, Jr.) said if the men were innocent as they claim, they should have ensured that his father received first aid as soon as he was shot. He referred to the eyewitness account of a police officer who said the team was asked to ensure that his father was dead.

“These men who conspired in the plot to murder my father have been given the final reward for maintaining their silence,” he added.

Malacañang sees no need for President Arroyo to explain her decision to grant executive clemency to the convicted killers of Aquino and Galman.

“I don’t think there’s anything that has to be explained. The President just exercised authority granted to her under the Constitution,” Executive Secretary Eduardo Ermita said.

A day after their release, the former detainees will appeal to President Arroyo to allow them to use the “terminal leave benefits” they were entitled to when they were still in active military service.
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
        Was Imelda buying shoes?

One of the articles mentioned that Cory Aquino was informed of her husband's death by "an Asian journalist." It could have been her brother-in-law, Ken Kashiwahara, who once was a newscaster on KITV.
        I heard from Ken just a couple days ago, I thought he was on the plane when the event ocurred. In addition to working at KHVH radio and tv as noted, he also worked at KGMB.

Aj

Comment

Ken Kashiwahara was on that flight. So, he was practically on the spot to report it as "eyewitness news."

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
            Was Imelda buying shoes?
            Shoes at Holiday Mart? She buy shoes at stores that you don't go inside at Ala Moana Center.

Comment

Ken was not only on the flight, but right behind the cameraman and just a few steps behind Aquino as he stepped out of the plane and shot. I watched it live and with Ken's commentary you had a feeling something drastic could very well happen, but nobody thot the uniformed guy right in front of the camera would be the killer.

It really was a disservice to all that those ultimately responsible never faced justice, and pitiful that only some of the henchmen were convicted.

The entire Aquino story is incredible and inspiring. Too bad it's faded fast behind all the other trash that has been in the news since.
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                Shoes at Holiday Mart? She buy shoes at stores that you don't go inside at Ala Moana Center.
                Didn't you see my ?

Comment

Working...
                X