Are Hawaii Drivers Too Nice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Hawaii Drivers Too Nice?

A lead article in today's Honolulu Advertiser puts forward a theory I've heard more than a few times, particularly from people who've lived and driven on the Mainland: Drivers in Hawaii might be less aggressive than their Mainland counterparts, but they're sometimes nice to a fault.

I've definitely seen people create greater inconvenience to many in order to give extra accommodation to one... but I've also seen an increasing amount of road rage, excessive speeding, wild weaving, and other signs that tempers on Hawaii roads are flaring up. That combination can't possibly be good.

What do you think?

Re: Are Hawaii Drivers Too Nice?

I appreciate the drivers who will stop and wave to me, letting me know I can cross the street without being run over.

I think this "report" was total nonsense.

Someone needs to find a life, or at least find something more relevant to write about.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
      I appreciate the drivers who will stop and wave to me, letting me know I can cross the street without being run over.
      Yeah. A lot of people do that, but there are the people who just don't care who's on the road and just go once the light is green (to turn).

I almost got ran over once by someone in a bigfoot truck, but a police officer caught that guy almost running me over and pulled him over in a blue and white (he's a good friend and probably didn't want me to get hit or something again).

Other times, its just teen drivers with the lowered import cars, blasting their song. Sometimes, they go so close to me, I could almost see the name of the song/radio station that they are listening to in the car stereo.

I guess there are some good people and some bad people.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456
        Other times, its just teen drivers with the lowered import cars, blasting their song.
        Back in the late 80s or early 90s the City passed an ordinance that outlawed excessively loud car stereos. I am sure car owners can install them, but they can't play them at maximum level on public streets.
        Last edited by mel; July 27, 2004, 09:34 AM. Reason: fix quote tag
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I'm not particularly bothered by the road behavior described in the article. In fact, when it rains, I do slow down, partly because it's just harder to control the car with all the elements around me. I'm not sure about the others here, but I was taught to slow down in rain. If the article is right, then I guess I'm guilty!

Comment

Working...
          X