Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aqua Teen Hunger Force

This is more of a test of the poll section. Found out there is an option were you can have the respondants be able to choose more than one selection.

Of course you can feel free to discuss this cartoon series as well.
    Master Shake
    2.63%
    Frylock
    15.79%
    Meatwad
    28.95%
    Carl
    18.42%
    Dr. Weird
    2.63%
    Steve (Dr. Weird's asst.)
    2.63%
    Don't watch this TV series
    28.95%

Re: Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Carl all the way, man.

I love ATHF. And overall, the "Adult Swim" block at Cartoon Network is pure genius. Forget the college dorm rec room market, those guys locked up gobs of valuable eyeballs.

Comment

I started off as a Harvey Birdman fan and never bothered to pay attention to the TV when Aqua Teen Hunger Force played. So I was sort of confused at times when it starts off at Dr. Weird's place where it always storms and then a few minutes later (which I miss the starting titles) there is a talking soda cup arguing with a box of fries and never understanding what was going on.

I think I started to pay attention only this past fall, so I am kind of glad that Adult Swim is now playing two epsiodes a night on Monday to Thursday.

At least I have an idea who is who.
      Last edited by helen; April 28, 2004, 07:51 PM. Reason: add a couple of words

Comment

I can quote this show at will.

It's so random and bizarre, but it works.

The thing I like best is the love the writers obviously have for 70's classic rock and 80's hair metal. They actually found Glen Danzig and had him voice an episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilinahe
          I can quote this show at will.

It's so random and bizarre, but it works.
          Why do I get the feeling that this is something that Shake would say?

Comment

Cartoon Network has been plugging that new epsiodes of Aqua Teen Hunger Force will be shown starting on May 9th.

Comment

I am just wondering is the first epsiode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force the one where Dr. Weird unleases the big rabbit robot?

Comment

Meatwad All The Way!!!

Comment

Heard that the 2nd Season DVD will be out on July 20.

Comment

I'm very sad to see the lack of mad props for Meatwad.

There's a funny and often enlightening interview (at around the 01:08:45 mark) with Matt Maiellaro and Dave Willis, creators of ATHF, on this episode of "The Best Show on WFMU" (which, btw, is one of the best and funniest radio shows on Earth, period!).

I love how they use incognito "celebrity" voices for many of thier shows. The aformentioned radio show, in fact, is hosted by Tom Scharpling, who was the voice of "Willie Nelson" the Onion Monster on an episode of ATHF (He's also a writer and co-producer for the show "Monk").

Once I buy a DVD player, the first thing I'm buying is the ATHF Vol1/2 DVD set!!!!
                    Last edited by melorama; September 29, 2004, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilinahe
                      The thing I like best is the love the writers obviously have for 70's classic rock and 80's hair metal. They actually found Glen Danzig and had him voice an episode.
                      Apparantly, it was more like they dragged him, kicking and screaming to voice an episode.

I read an interview with Maillerio and Willis in the recent issue of Chunklet zine, and they explained that working with Glen Danzig was a living hell:

What can you tell me about the Danzig episode?

Dave Willis: Danzig is a dick. I'm not a very confrontational person, but I found myself literally at the edge of getting in a fight with Danzig over the phone...we have a limited amount of resources to work with. We wanted Danzig for this one, it wouldnt have been as funny with, say, Alice Cooper...he was just a dick over the phone, he was like (affecting a kind of "street a**hole voice), "Why should I do it for this amount of money, I gotta pay a lawyer to look over the contract, that's two-hundred and fifty dollars right there."

Dave Willis: It's wierd imagining Danzig at his desk in L.A. in black eye makeup and no shirt, talking to me over the phone about lawyers. We went back and forth, faxing him all sorts of designs and he would say (voice again) "I'm way more cut than that."

He really said that?

Dave Willis: Yeah, and, "I look too short in this one..."
                      Matt Maiellero: How could he tell? He was standing in limbo!
                      Dave Willis: It's not like we drew him next to R2D2

He's short in real life, isn't he?

Dave Willis: Yeah...and we made him like 6'1" in the show. We could have made him look real bad, and we didn't

Do you want this stuff printed?

Dave Willis: Sure.
                      Matt Maiellero: Print that we want Danzig to come down here. We're going to beat him up
                      You'd think that if Danzig was so hard up for money, he would have done the Misfits reunion tour instead and cashed in thousands of times more than a dinky little ATHF voice-over session would have paid him...
                      Last edited by melorama; September 29, 2004, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Last few epsiodes has the beginning openning with the Moonaites instead of Dr. Weird.

Comment

Have they ever shown Shake's room in the series?

Comment

According to a column in today's Advertiser, there will be a Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie. Checking on it's IDMb entry it will be released on July 4, 2006.
                            Last edited by helen; April 24, 2006, 10:22 AM. Reason: changing some words

Comment

aquateens ok but i still like sealab 2021, alot better, not to mention family guy
                              808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
                              kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
                              http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

Working...
                              X