X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waimanalo Country Fair

I'm singing Saturday at 2:30!

TAKE A RIDE TO THE COUNTRY FOR THE WAIMANALO COUNTRY FAIR

Mayor Mufi Hannemann invites everyone to enjoy the Waimanalo Country Fair on Friday, October 16, from 6 p.m. to midnight; Saturday, October 17, from noon to midnight; and Sunday, October 18, from noon to 10 p.m. The annual festival will be held at Waimanalo Beach Park.

The event is co-sponsored by Waimanalo Construction Coalition, Inc., and features entertainment, food booths, keiki rides and free parking.

"This community festival offers a great way to rediscover the beauty, charm and friendliness of Waimanalo," said Mayor Hannemann. "City workers, community volunteers and local organizations work extremely hard to make these regional events a success. This is the last community festival before we enter the busy holiday season, so I encourage everyone to come out, have a good time, and show their support."

The Country Fair features:

· Carnival rides and games.

· A celebrity dunking booth supporting the Windward Neighborhood Security Watch Team.

· Local fare from a variety of restaurants, delicatessens and food vendors.

· An open market with more than 20 vendors selling Waimanalo products, services, arts and crafts.

· Performances by local entertainers, hula halau and the Royal Hawaiian Band.

This event honors Bruce Oliver Eguires, who died earlier this year. An employee of the City's Department of Emergency Management, Eguires dedicated more than a decade to ensuring the continuation of popular Waimanalo events, such as the Christmas Parade, Sunset on the Beach and the Country Fair. "I worked with Uncle Bruce for more than 10 years and will truly miss him," said Patty Kahanamoku Teruya, City special events coordinator. "He was about serving, and we want to dedicate this fair, which he loved so much, to him."
    Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
    My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Re: Waimanalo Country Fair

Thanks for the heads up - I imagine the traffic will be much worse than the usual weekend crush. I'll certainly let the locals enjoy themselves without my company.
    May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

COOL!! I have seen the trucks around here with the carnival rides on them over the past week, and I didnt know where they were going. Thanks for the heads up! Im gonna get me some cotton candy this weekend!
      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Oh man, I love cotton candy. If they have it in bags, get me one Turtlegirl and I'll come over with some coin to visit and pick it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
          ...I'll come over with some coin to visit and pick it up!
          dont be silly! we can come pick you up on our way to the fair!!
          ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Cool! I'll send you a pm.

Comment

Working...
            X