Catering suggestions- European/Mediterranean cuisine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catering suggestions- European/Mediterranean cuisine

Aloha! I need a caterer for a party of about 50 guests, and *gasp* I am looking for something other than poke, teri chicken, and chicken long rice. Don't get me wrong, I happily eat it all! I'm planning something a bit more "mainland fancy" and want to do something a little different. Finger foods that are French or Mediterranean, for example. And I have no idea where to start, Google isn't helping.

I do not need a restaurant to cater, anyone who works out of their home kitchen and produces great food is perfect.

I also don't have a large budget, hoping to keep it to around $400ish.

Mahalo!

Re: Catering suggestions- European/Mediterranean cuisine

Ailioi and crunchy French bread.
    Paella
    Pate and cherry tomatoes
    Salami from Italy

I can send you lots of recipes if you wish. All simple to make and great to eat.
    Last edited by Barry; October 22, 2009, 07:07 PM.

Comment

don't know if they'll fit your budget but kahala caterers certainly fits your taste requirements.

maybe try calling restaurants that you like and ask if they can work out something to accommodate you. not everyone knows, for example, that mariposa caters.
      Last edited by cynsaligia; October 22, 2009, 07:26 PM.
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

so easy to do, but I understand the crunch.

Talk to Kimo, or Disuke at Arancino Di Mare(on kalakaua). Italian/ southern Med is what they do best, might be able to help you out.
        flickr

An email from God:
        To: People of Earth
        Date: 9/04/2007
        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
        God

Comment

Here is another option. Don't know if she can accommodate your budget but it doesn't hurt to ask.

http://www.hollyhadsellentertaining.com/

Comment

Originally posted by lihingmui View Post
            Here is another option. Don't know if she can accommodate your budget but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I'm not sure Holly caters on her own but she and her husband, Moumen El Hajji, used to own Beau Soleil restaurant and they currently do the catering for "Lost". That couple can cook. Oooowheee! Holly's web page will have a contact email address, tho'. I highly recommend them and agree about the budget.

Comment

Originally posted by lihingmui View Post

She is exactly who I was going to suggest!

You might try Ed Kenney/Dave Caldiero from town/Downtown they do
              that type of cuisine very well.

Comment

Europe’s consumption of frog legs from Indonesia is ‘driving species to extinction,’ nonprofit says (yahoo.com)

I have never eaten frog's legs.

Comment

I memba in the book "Truly Tasteless Jokes," There was a cartoon drawing of a frog in a wheelchair without its legs.

Comment

Working...
                  X