Clear All

• Mae & Owl City - Nov. 28

Mae
    with special guest Owl City

November 28
    Pipeline Cafe
    GA $24/VIP $40

All ages

Get your tickets on NOW at bampproject.com, Groovetickets , Blue Hawaii Surf stores, Pipeline Cafe, all Military Ticket Outlets, UH Campus Center, & WRV (North Shore)

MAE
    Hailing from Norfolk, VA, Mae (an acronym for Multisensory Aesthetic Experience) is comprised of Matt Beck (guitar), Jacob Marshall (drums), Mark Padgett (bass), Rob Sweitzer (keyboards), and Dave Elkins (vocals/guitar). Initially, the band started out as a project between Elkins and Marshall; however, recording was to be done at Padgett's home studio. Eventually, the five-piece came together for a musical adventure in early 2001. Nearly eight months later, Mae was playing shows in and around their native Virginia. They've shared dates with the likes of the Movielife, River City High, and the Exit; in the process Mae recorded songs for a debut album. Destination: Beautiful was released in early 2003 on Tooth & Nail. While touring to support Destination: Beautiful, guitarist Matt Beck stepped down from his post and was replaced by former Unsung Zeroes guitarist Zach Gehring. Destination: B-Sides surfaced near the end of 2004. Their second proper studio album, The Everglow, followed in 2005; supporting tour dates and a stint on the summer's Warped Tour came next. Spring 2006 was spent on the road with the Virgin College Mega Tour alongside Over It and headliners Yellowcard. A bonus edition of The Everglow appeared that April with additional tracks and a bonus DVD containing two hours of various band footage. Their contract with Tooth & Nail ran out that year, and the band went on to sign a deal with Capitol. Their first album on that label, Singularity, hit stores in late summer 2007. [MacKenzie Wilson, All Music Guide]

OWL CITY
    Owl City is the name of a synthpop/alternative dance project formed in early 2007 consisting of one member, Adam Young. He refers to his backing band plus himself as "Owl City." Young started out making music in his parents' basement, which he claims is a result of his insomnia.
    Among Young's influences are disco and European electronic music. 1980s synthpop, J-Pop and New Wave music is also heard in Owl City's sound.
    After two independent unsigned albums, and increasing popularity through Owl City's MySpace profile, Owl City gained mainstream popularity from his 2009 major-label debut album Ocean Eyes, which spawned the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 #1 hit single "Fireflies", which became the fastest-selling electronic/alternative track ever. "Fireflies" topped the US and Canadian charts and became the most-downloaded song on iTunes in the US, and the album Ocean Eyes reached the top ten on the US album charts and topped the US electronic charts.[wikipedia]

Re: Mae & Owl City Nov28

Make scrivener go. "Srsly." (as the kiddies say)

"Hello (from) Seattle"

Comment

Re: Mae & Owl City Nov28

I really want to go. I just love Owl City. I'm gonna see what the finances look like after the mid-month expenses and take it from there. The thing is, I just saw Children of Bodom at the Pipeline and I don't know if I've got it in the budget for two concerts in such a short period. Especially with Christmas coming up.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Re: Mae & Owl City - Nov. 28

Mae is an oldie but goodie, seen them a few times. But very excited to see Owl City. His cd got some good stuff on there, nice beats. can't wait!

Comment

I watched a video today of Owl City doing "Fireflies" - they are pretty good! The video was cool with all the things they lit up while they were filming.
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Awesome! I work at Pipeline Cafe, and want to thank you guys for coming out to the evens!
            Roseanne and Rambo in one tidy package.

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
              I watched a video today of Owl City doing "Fireflies" - they are pretty good! The video was cool with all the things they lit up while they were filming.
              Check out "Hello Seattle" and "The Saltwater Room," too.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Mae - suspension
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9FVLLHrXNI

Owl City - Fireflies
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI4JLa0hbUw

Comment

Working...
                X