Anyone else addicted to FreeCell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else addicted to FreeCell?

Kay den, matapule has to admit to an addiction - FREECELL. Matapule plays more than a dozen games a day. Matapule is not interested in any 12 step program to address this addiction. FREECELL consumes his life. Matapule jus' sittin' in paradise, wasting his life away.

The older versions of FREECELL allowed only one "undo" on a move. The new Vista version of FREECELL allows multiple "undo's" on a move, even all the way back to the beginning. Using the newer version, it is possible to have a 100% winning percentage since one can go back to the beginning of the game, numerous times, without counting it as a loss. Therefore, matapule plays the older version of the game with one "undo" because it is more challenging.

Matapule has been able to solve every puzzle played even though some of the more challenging ones take as many as 4 tries. Matapule has an overall winning percentage that varies between 80% to 85%.

Any other FREECELL players out there? Care to post the game number of any particularly challenging games? Any special tricks for solutions?

Maybe matapule only one! !Oeiaue!
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Re: Anyone else addicted to Freecell?

I play it from time to time on my home desktop system, over 5,000 games at a 79% win.

Comment

I addicted to Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook. Too bad that I'm not very good at it.

Comment

Chuzzle for me. I'll play until my arm falls off.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Re: Anyone else addicted to FreeCell?

I noticed that Windows 7 version of FreeCell seems to be more forgiven in terms of undoing a move. In the Windows XP version you can only undo the last move, whereas in the Windows 7 version you can undo all the moves back to the beginning. Even if you lose the game you have the option undoing the move or accept the lost.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
            I noticed that Windows 7 version of FreeCell seems to be more forgiven in terms of undoing a move. In the Windows XP version you can only undo the last move, whereas in the Windows 7 version you can undo all the moves back to the beginning. Even if you lose the game you have the option undoing the move or accept the lost.
            More truth than poetry in what you say Helen.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I played the game before 'undo' became a feature, even for 1 move. I lost interest with the 'undo' feature -too easy.
              May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

just because the "undo" feature is there - you don't have to use it
                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                  Best comeback of the year! Ma'ali'e!

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                    True, and just because the Kool-Aid is there, you don't have to drink it. [But you do and you do and you do in a continual repetition.]
                    May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Haha! I guess responding to your posts is kinda like drinking the koo-aid.
                      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Seems that flash game ala the ones on http://www.kongregate.com/ have replaced FreeCell for most folks I see these days. Glad you're having fun, though Remember when it was an innovation on Windows? When it came with Win32s or something? Fancy new kinds of Solitaire...

Comment

Working...
                        X