'Rate This Thread' Feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Rate This Thread' Feature

I hate to start a new thread, but here goes. I keep reading about 'chiclets', so I did a search here and read some prior posts. That got me curious about the one to five star rating we can give threads. I rated a couple of threads with one star... sorry, it was just a test and more of a joke. But, they don't show up. Do you need five or ten votes before the stars show? I'm actually glad my vote doesn't show, because I feel horrible about the one star I gave. Seems like I can't take it back, either.

Re: 'Rate This Thread' Feature

I gave this a one star just to see what you meant, but the star did show up, as does the one star I'm presuming you gave the "favorite posters" thread. The stars show up in the individual fora; for example, this post is in the "front desk" forum, so if you view the whole forum you'll see the stars. Does this help?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

This way lies madness ... ... ...

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
        I gave this a one star just to see what you meant, but the star did show up, as does the one star I'm presuming you gave the "favorite posters" thread. The stars show up in the individual fora; for example, this post is in the "front desk" forum, so if you view the whole forum you'll see the stars. Does this help?
        OK! I see it now. Thank you!

Comment

The problem I see right now with this feature is that you rate a thread now that currently contains x amount of posts to it. But as time goes on and more post get entered to the thread, can you change your vote to reflect the change in the thread's status?

Comment

If you could, that "what do you do with vienna sausage" thread would be up to seven stars by now, if you ask me.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
              The stars show up in the individual fora; for example, this post is in the "front desk" forum, so if you view the whole forum you'll see the stars.
              While viewing the sub-forum and you click on the Rating link you will sort the threads in that sub-forum by their rating. The threads with the most stars are listed first. Since most of the threads are not rated the bulk of them will be listed after the threads that are rated with only 1 star.

Comment

Working...
              X