Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which companies sell lubricants to the food industry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which companies sell lubricants to the food industry?

For anyone in or has friends in the local food industry:

Which companies here sell food safe (H-1 class) lubricants? Hopefully in consumer friendly amounts; I don't want to buy a $300 35-pound bucket of grease

Thanks!

/cross fingers
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Re: Which companies sell lubricants to the food industry?

John Lambert, sales rep at Kaman Industrial Technologies, rocks!

Kaman is a distributor of Lubriplate products, among many other things. John figured out a way to order consumer quantities (1 gal. jug vs 55 gal. drums) for me and have them added to their regular shipments. This means no shipping costs, yay, though the wait time is 2-3 weeks.

I was interested in Lubriplate's line of food industry lubricates because:

1) they're safe to use around food (though you wouldn't want them IN your food), so they should be safe to handle without a lot of precautions
    2) they're good at protecting expensive equipment from rusting/corroding in freezer and oven temperatures
    3) they stick to equipment that's being washed down with water and cleaners
    4) they're durable (resist oxidizing / gumming up) since factories don't want to stop their machinery often just to re-lube
    5) they can handle the high speeds and pressures of industrial food machinery

Of course it might be overkill for my needs. They might not be that much better than good ol' automatic transmission fluid and Lubriplate's 105 automotive grease sold at NAPA, but at least I found a distributor who sells them in small quantities that I can play around with.

On a side note, NAPA has a good variety of threadlocking compound. Though they only carry generic brands instead of Loctite and I don't know if they have the best prices, but chances are you'll find the size and strength you want.
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "

Comment

Re: Which companies sell lubricants to the food industry?

Oh yeah, food industry lubricants usually don't stink or stain. No one wants green steak that smells like axle grease!
      "

Comment

Working...
      X