Paint with no primer needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint with no primer needed?

Has anyone used the house paint that you don't need to prime first???
    Seems to me it just wouldn't have a good finish and would start to peel in a short while.

Re: Paint with no primer needed?

Is that the same as the paint that includes the primer? Behr, iirc. It's being advertised pretty heavily. I wonder if there's heavier prep involved.

Comment

i have...and hated it...behr ultra premium latex...primer plus paint...a gallon (well, no longer a gallon) and costing about $32.00 when we bought it earlier this year SUCKS...i had to go over the walls about 5x!!! never ever had to paint over that many times before when using a separate primer and paint...i commented on consumerreports.org forum regarding this particular paint...you should see the comments...glad I'm NOT the only one who feels negatively about this...kind of like back stabs consumerreports' own magazine as THEIR testers rated it highly...yet on the form, the different story...

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiiguy View Post
        i have...and hated it...behr ultra premium latex...primer plus paint...a gallon (well, no longer a gallon) and costing about $32.00 when we bought it earlier this year SUCKS...i had to go over the walls about 5x!!! never ever had to paint over that many times before when using a separate primer and paint...i commented on consumerreports.org forum regarding this particular paint...you should see the comments...glad I'm NOT the only one who feels negatively about this...kind of like back stabs consumerreports' own magazine as THEIR testers rated it highly...yet on the form, the different story...
        5x? Yikes! Having been in the trade, that's what we would call "lose money". The Behr Premium paint does get my props though... up there with Benjamin Moore as far a coverage goes. Tip: tint the primer close to what the finish color is.

Comment

Working...
        X