Happy Father's Day - 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Father's Day - 2010

From this new grandfather to all the dads on HT, I hope you have an enjoyable day. We're headed to a baseball game, the AFK and I (which is actually a delayed birthday gift to her, rather than a Father's Day gift to me).

We're glad to be home from our road trip, which I will describe in a simplified manner here: Memorial Day, we started driving from Seattle to Iowa, heading through Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota and Minnesota on the way. We spent one evening in a northwestern Iowa town where there is an amusement park that I had not seen in over 40 years, and where we met up with an old friend who drove three hours from the Twin Cities, just to have dinner with us.

We spent a marvelous week with my daughter and her new baby girl (who was just a week old at that point), where she discovered that "grandpa is comfy."

On the return trip, we went out through Nebraska, Colorado (where we skirted a tornado and got hit with hail, then spent a day in Manitou Springs, going up Pikes Peak and doing other touristy stuff), Utah (visiting friends in Moab), back up through Idaho, Montana, Idaho again, and back home last week.

"Grandpa mode" suits me nicely...

Re: Happy Father's Day - 2010

Well happy father's day and grandfathers day to you! How lovely!

Comment

hapy father's day to all the single mothers out there too--you're doing the work of both parents.
      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
        hapy father's day to all the single mothers out there too--you're doing the work of both parents.
        Good point; I'll have to share that with my daughter (since her husband decided to walk out of the marriage mid-pregnancy).

Comment

Working...
        X