Iceland, yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iceland, yay or nay?

Anyone here ever been to Iceland? What was it like? There's a chance my husband may be traveling there on business in the fall and I'd like to go with him. I just don't know anything about it, and since there's so much information/wrong information out there, I thought I'd try here first. Usually at least one of us has been somewhere another asks about.

(But please, no discussion about the volcano)

Can't think of anything creative this time

Re: Iceland, yay or nay?

Iceland is amazing. My father travels there often, well, a couple of times a year. . .

Some of the most amazing scenery you will ever see, very very different then any place I have ever seen. The people are pretty damn cool, very open minded, like to party, and really superstitious. It is expensive. Very expensive. The nightlife is amazing,and depending on if you go in the summer, you can get like 18/20hours of daylight. Gulfoss Falls, SCARY, and amazing.

I will see if pops has any resources to share.
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

I know a couple that went there about three years ago (before Iceland's current financial troubles). They found it utterly amazing, scenic and fascinating.

One lesson from them, however: when you purchase gas at a station and use your card at the pump, you are just unlocking the pump and not actually paying. You still need to go inside and pay. They learned this after about a week and a half, when the police stopped them to inform them that they had been "stealing" gasoline all across the country.

It was no big hassle, though - apparently, it's a common error with tourists.

P.S.) I can actually pronounce that volcano's name...

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
        There's a chance my husband may be traveling there on business in the fall and I'd like to go with him.
        Brrrrrr.

Even for a visit I think you'll be tired of the weather. I know a woman who was stationed there and still celebrates the day she transferred back to the U.S.-- in 1987.
        Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
        Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
        We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
        Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Working...
        X