Don't miss TWO unforgettable performances of the Tony Award Winning Musical

NINE

Music and Lyrics by Maury Yeston
    Book by Arthur Kopit
    Adapted from the Italian by Mario Fratti
    Based on the classic Fellini film "8 1/2"

Friday, July 23 and Saturday, July 24 at 7:30pm
    Richardson Theatre, Bldg 500, Fort Shafter

All tickets are $25.00 (non-reserved seating)
    Tickets may be purchased online at http://www.armytheatre.com or by calling 438-4480. Tickets are also available for purchase at the door.

Profits to be used to keep the doors of Richardson Theatre open for another year.

Directed by: Brett Harwood
    Musical direction by: Melina Lilios
    Concert Staging by: Grace Bell & John Rampage

Starring:
    Larry Paxton
    Cathy Foy
    Mary Chesnut Hicks
    Shari Lynn
    Tricia Marciel
    Shawna Masuda
    Jo Pruden

Featuring:
    Alison Aldcroft; Beth Barry; Grace Bell, Kris Chun; Callie Doan; Lina Doo, Jade Glover; Shawna Gobble; Renee Garcia Hartenstein, Ingrid Harwood; Caroline Lawo; Mea Moon, Megan Mount; Louie Mundy; Eden Lee Murray; Jana Souza; Louisa Te'i
    Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
    My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Re: NINE at ACT

Wow! That's a local, all star cast. Lots of cuts for our theaters this year...and lots of fundraisers to help keep them open.

Comment

That's a local, all star cast.
      I know, right? I'm so honored to share the stage with these powerhouses! Another highlight for me is that I'll get to sing with a 30-piece orchestra and a HARP! Can't forget the harp!

You know you're in a great show when you feel like crying during rehearsals because the music and the emotion portrayed by the actors is so touching! I definitely did not feel that emotion when I watched the movie version of NINE.

On another note, TS - I've been asked to to represent MVT and sing Aquarius at this year's Po'okela Awards! WOW! I'm so excited!
      My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Originally posted by kiwidiva View Post
        [...]
        On another note, TS - I've been asked to to represent MVT and sing Aquarius at this year's Po'okela Awards! WOW! I'm so excited!
        This gives me chickenskin, KD. You so deserve that honor.

Wish I could attend NINE. There's also a fundraiser for Kumu Kahua that same week-end. I can't attend either due to previous commitments.

Comment

This gives me chickenskin, KD. You so deserve that honor.
          Thank you for your kind words. Actually, I keep expecting them to realize their mistake and change their mind! Another bonus is that my mum will be visiting from Australia and will get to see me sing my song LIVE for the first time that night!

There's also a fundraiser for Kumu Kahua that same week-end. I can't attend either due to previous commitments.
          Yes, I had planned to attend the KKT kalabash too. It's too bad you can't attend but I totally understand. The timing really sucks and I wish we were doing more than two shows!

Comment

The Ladies of Nine (and Larry Paxton and Chandler Bridgman)

(l-r from back) Mary Hicks (Luisa), Jo Pruden (Mama), Tricia Marciel (Claudia), Larry Paxton (Guido) and Shawna Lynn Masuda (Carla) - some of the principal actors/singers in NINE at ACT.

NINE in concert = 28 singers + 24 musicians = not to be missed! Two shows only July 23 & 24 at 7:30 p.m. - tickets are $25 and are available at the door at Army Community Theater on Fort Shafter.

Comment

See the story about NINE in today's Star Advertiser...

http://www.staradvertiser.com/tgif/t...on_a_show.html

Comment

Working...
              X