Cathy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cathy

The comic strip Cathy hasn't appeared in Honolulu newspapers for quite some time, however Saturday's (10/2/10) strips of Pearls Before Swine and Mutts, Cathy makes an appearance. Pearls Before Swine I can understand since from time to time characters from other strips do make appearances in that strip but I don't think Mutts tends to do this unless of course something special is going on with the Cathy strip.

Re: Cathy

Cathy is being retired on the 3rd. It's not at all unlike other comic strips artists to pay tribute this way when an artist calls it quits or dies.

When I was a kid (let's call it thirty years ago or thereabouts), Cathy was one of my favorites. Then sometime in high school, I started to find it almost impossible to read. I don't know if it lost its funniness or if I just grew away from it, no longer finding the same stuff amusing.

Anyway, she had a good run.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Re: Cathy

It did have a good run. No idea why. This was one of those comics that I never found remotely amusing, but couldn't help reading. To (mis)quote one of my favorite movies, "You sit down and read your paper, and you're enjoying your entire two-page comics spread. Right? And then there's [Cathy], bottom right-hand corner, just waiting to suck."

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Working...
      X