Monk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monk

Did anyone watch Monk on the USA Network on Friday August 6?

That episode had the case of a woman who was an employee of the month of a big retail store called Mega Mart for 11 months in a row who was killed by boxes of falling 42 inch HDTV.

And Wal-Mart was one of the sponsers of the show.

Re: Monk

I don't think the Lamb Board (if there is such a thing) sponsored it, but you remind me of an old Twilight Zone episode in which the housewife kills her husband by bashing him with a blunt instrument. The instrument was a frozen leg of lamb. She then got rid of the weapon by cooking and serving it to the detectives.
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Last night's Monk was called "Mister Monk and the Leper". They showed two different version, one in Black & White and the other in Color.

Did like the part where Captain Stottlemeyer and Lieutenant Disher was in a missing person's apartment and Randy started to play a tune on the piano and said it was background music.

Comment

Monk is better in color I want to see more of his dad and brother. How come the season is so short I wonder if they do the fall/spring thing to keep viewers wanting more or is it a budget thing with USA?
        Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
        Flickr

Comment

I think for that episode since a lot of things pointed toward a film noir style, someone figured why not do it in black and white to add to the style.

I didn't watch all of the color version but I did notice that the leper character was more hideous than what was shown in black and white.

Anyway a new episode will air on Jan. 19, 2007 and New Years Day will have a 14 episode marathon.

Comment

Monk rocks. Finally a decent new sitcom that may last a while. I've enjoyed the Law and Order, but now practically everything on TV is a crime drama. (including Monk but oh well I like it). It's almost as bad as in the 60s when nearly everything on TV was about cowboys. Don't get me wrong-- cops and cowboys can be entertaining, it's just that too much of a good thing isn't. lol

Blessings*

Barb

Comment

New episode air's tonight at 9pm (HST) on the USA Network.

Comment

Thank you for the reminder Helen...I totally missed ER last night! I need a reminder on my TV!
                Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                Sharing withother survivors...
                www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

New season of Monk starts on July 13, 2007.

Comment

Last night's episode (8/3/07) had the captain's girl friend killing off her business partner. At the end of the episode the captain and Disher were wondering if she hooked with the captain as part of the plan or was the murder just a recent thing with her (she also tried to cover up her tracks which is what Monk was trying to figure out).

Comment

Monk is the only show I've watched on tv in the last 3 months. All the characters are great actors. Last thing I saw on tv was parts of the marathon (some weeks ago.) Very funny
                      Sing with me, everyone!
                      "Some folk'll never eat a skunk, but then again, some folk'll..."
                      like your mama, the slack-jawed yok'll.
                      --------------------------------------------------------------
                      http://www.haleakalatimes.com/ <--- better than MTV
                      --------------------------------------------------------------
                      The Nettle Caterpillar Must DIE!!!
                      http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/IP-22.pdf

Comment

I was watching a tape of last night's episode of Monk where Monk shoots a guy dressed as Santa Claus. Turns out that the Santa Claus was attempting to cause a traffic jam in order for his gang to rob a diamond from the MacMillan Museum.

I am kind of wondering if the producers of Monk was making a nod to an old police TV series set in San Francisco called McMillan & Wife.

Comment

Last night's (7/18/08) episode was the start of a new season. Part of the episode was Monk dealing with the passing of Dr. Kroger (played by Stanley Kamel who passed away in April).

Comment

Did the USA network nationwide preempt today's new episode of Monk because of its Olympic coverage?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                              Did the USA network nationwide preempt today's new episode of Monk because of its Olympic coverage?
                              It was on earlier -- much earlier -- and now that Oceanic has HDUSA active for the Olympics, my hope is that we'll continue to get that HD programming after the games are over (*fingers crossed*).

Comment

Working...
                              X