Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha and Happy New Year

Hi Folks,

Just like to introduce myself and start by wishing you all the best for 2011...

I'm not fortunate enough to live in Hawaii myself, actually live in London, UK.

I am a regular middle aged guy with a wife and one boy (who just turned nine on the 2nd January). My son is Austistic so keeps me and my wife busy.
    When I do have a bit of spare time I indulge in my hobby/passion for soulful music, also really like jazz and AOR styles.

I do a little bit of DJ work a few times a year, and also present a monthly web-based two hour radio show called 'Happy Jazz', together with a friend playing mosly 60s, 70s & 80s music from around the world.

For the last two years I've really been enjoying music from Hawaii with a AOR/Soul vibe. I hooked up with a guy through internet a couple of months ago who's originally from Hawaii, but moved with his family to mainland USA when he was a teenager.

He is also very fond of the music coming out of Hawaii in the 70s and 80s, and has helped me with discovering some music that I knew nothing about from this era.
    He hopes to be moving back to Hawaii either this year or next, so hopefully I'll finally get to visit your wonderful islands!

I came across this forum when doing research on some 70s bands from Hawaii. I hope some of you folks will be able to help in the future with knowledge about certain artist/bands, and maybe even some background stories about venues/clubs and what is happening these days with some of these musicians...

Malamapono

Mark Taylor
Working...
X