The Village

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Village

Saw The Village at Ward 16 on Saturday night.

It was an okay and enteraining movie. Some mix of comedy, light horror, suspense and twist in the plot.

Re: The Village

Originally posted by helen
    Saw The Village at Ward 16 on Saturday night.

It was an okay and enteraining movie. Some mix of comedy, light horror, suspense and twist in the plot.
    the critics hated it, and i know many people that didn't care for it. but i liked it. i thought it was a good story.
    Fair and Balanced

Comment

I haven't read any of the critics review before or after seeing this movie but I have been reading the messages posted on IMDb about The Village after I have seen the movie. The general theme is that some people are trying to compare this movie with The Sixth Sense and it seems to some people The Village doesn't live up to the expecations.

I say so what? These two movies deal with two different subject matters, granted there is a thing or two in common like things that go bump in the night but all in all if you like a mystery with not too much plot holes this is a movie to watch.

And I don't mind watching this a second or third time.

Comment

Sorry, this is kind of dated but anyhoo...

Although the first plot twist was expected and correctly guessed by a friend of mine, I really had no expectations for this movie. By a quarter of the way, I figured out the initial twist that my friend knew and really thought the movie was a bit bland. When the second twist came out, I was pleasantly surprised and ended up enjoying the movie because of this and a few other things.

Most of what drew me to the movie was the cinematography and the vibrance of the visuals (colors mainly). The story wasn't that great but appreciable.

I still do not know what's so special about M Night Shyamalan. Yes, Sixth Sense was good and his other works were alright.

Comment

Working...
        X