Religious confrontations in Paris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religious confrontations in Paris

A five minute report from CBN news showing the ugly side of religion.

http://downloads.cbn.com/cbnnewsplayer/cbnplayer.swf?aid=17933

I was shocked to see what is going on in the streets of Paris, evidently in the name of religious supremacy. You want to see this, and be warned.

Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Re: Religious confrontations in Paris

From the lack of responses after 68 views I take it that everyone is OK with religious extremists blocking citizens access to their homes and businesses by filling streets and sidewalks while ostensibly doing their prayers?

And by others demeaning their religious proscriptions by trying to stop them by introducing prohibited food and alcohol into their midst?

Or perhaps I framed the title wrong? I know people here care, I've seen it often.
    Where did I mess up? Or is it just me? Or is this topic too sensitive and everyone wants to avoid political incorrectness?
    ~ ~

Comment

... or maybe I just don't like clicking on links that download software to my computer in order to view a video file.

Comment

Looks like bullspit to me. If I gotta go to work, or home, or get somewhere, this would not go down well.
        FutureNewsNetwork.com
        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo

I think some of us handle religious conflict this way.

Comment

Religious confrontations in Paris - Summary

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            ... or maybe I just don't like clicking on links that download software to my computer in order to view a video file.
            Can't blame anyone on that count, so I'll do a short summary of the video.

Evidently Paris is filling up with Muslims. Many are in traditional garb, women veiled or in full eyes-only visible cover-up. Some are being accused of polygamy - making babies with several women and putting the extra wives on welfare.

The government, traditionally very tolerant, is beginning to react, considering laws to change things - Outlawing full cover-ups is one thing being considered.

The Muslims, as a way of protest, have filled certain areas during prayers, kneeling shoulder to shoulder, head to foot on sidewalks, and in some cases in the streets, effectively blocking access to everyone else. The government doesn't want to intervene in 'prayers,' but has not forced them to pray at home or in mosques.

"A hidden camera shows streets blocked by huge crowds of Muslim worshippers and enforced by a private security force. This is all illegal in France: the public worship, the blocked streets, and the private security. But the police have been ordered not to intervene. " CBN News

The rest of the populace, in reaction, are holding protests and demonstrations, and have started using prayer times to get into the streets first and have small parties consisting of wine and pork sausages, two things forbidden to Muslims, in an attempt to stop the events.

Although

A video not requiring a download is available on YouTube -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX7oezVO1Bk

A text transcript is available at -
            http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/201...g-to-the-west/

Another website reports the same thing is happening in New York City!
            http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/...zation-of.html
            Last edited by Kaonohi; February 10, 2011, 01:41 PM. Reason: New News in New York!
            ~ ~

Comment

Re: Religious confrontations in Paris - Summary

Thanks, K. Though I would like to see some figures (you know, the fact-y sorta stuff) to back up a statement like:
              Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
              Paris is filling up with Muslims.
              "Filling up" is rather vague - and certainly language used to draw a conclusion in a readers mind. But I also noticed that all of this is coming from CBN, Pat Robertson's Christian broadcasting organization. You'll have a hard time convincing me they are an unbiased legit news outlet without a specific agenda to sell.

Comment

Re: Religious confrontations in Paris - Summary

Thanks, K. Though I would like to see some figures (you know, the fact-y sorta stuff) to back up a statement like: "Filling up" is rather vague - and certainly language used to draw a conclusion in a readers mind. But I also noticed that all of this is coming from CBN, Pat Robertson's Christian broadcasting organization. You'll have a hard time convincing me they are an unbiased legit news outlet without a specific agenda to sell.
                Guess I'm out of touch - I didn't know that! No wonder you were cautious about downloading their viewer!

I can't give you numbers, and I don't recall if "filling up" was their words or my impressions from the video content.

Yeah, CBN is selling something, and it's fear. I saw those videos of people prostrate in the streets and sidewalks blocking access and their hired security guards milling around and it was scary (I don't even know if they were actually Muslim, FWIW).

Maybe it is as valid as the anti-war protests of the 60's and 70's, but it looks more like another form of terrorism.
                ~ ~

Comment

The response from the far-right National Front Party in France has compared this to the "Nazi occupation" - a wonderfully emotion-laden card to play, no?

http://www.english.rfi.fr/france/201...man-occupation

Comment

The response from the far-right National Front Party in France has compared this to the "Nazi occupation" - a wonderfully emotion-laden card to play, no?

http://www.english.rfi.fr/france/201...man-occupation
                    Buzz1941 recently mentioned "Godwin's Law," which expressly predicts this eventual response!
                    ~ ~

Comment

Working...
                    X