No announcement yet.

Grandparents - your kids or grandkids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandparents - your kids or grandkids?

Some of you are grandparents. I like to ask you this question. Who do you enjoy seeing more? Your kids, or your grandkids?

The right answer is both. You love them both as much.

But if you had to choose one, which would it be?

Your kids are YOUR kids. You are their parents. Decades of memory from long ago.

Your grandkids are not your children. You didn't give birth to them. Depending on age, you didn't know them that long.

So when they come to visit, which do you enjoy more? Your Kids or Grandkids?

*I know there are unique family situations today, but I hope you can still see the question.

Re: Grandparents - your kids or grandkids?

Not meaning to criticize, but Yikes, nobody in their right mind would answer this online question and chance hurting the feelings of ANY family member. There is just no way someone could answer this .... even jokingly .... without hurting someone.
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

True. Some of you guys know each other personally. Some of us don't know each other from Adam. So I agree with you, but this is the internet, so I'll ask anyway.

Comment

I have no grandchildren so I can answer this question without repercussions.

I think it depends on the age of the grandchildren. IN GENERAL, my grandparent friends tend to be able to tolerate older grandchildren better than young. Invariably, my grandparent friends who have young grand children, say they love to have then come and visit and then after one day, can't wait for them to leave. As one ages up, it seems to be more difficult for the elderly to tolerate the constant hustle and bustle, activity, and noise of young children. Sort of like been there, done that, and don't want to do it again. However, as grandchildren age up, grandparents tend to be able to tolerate them to a greater extent even though they may not always understand their new social mores.

So to answer the question, from my experience, and IN GENERAL, grandparents welcome a visit from their children more than from their grandchildren........most of the time.
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I love my kids. If and when I do get grandkids, I'll spoil them.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
          X