Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembered my password!

Holy crap, I remembered my password.

Like 4 years ago I registered here to kind of learn a little about my new island home. I hung around for a few weeks, argued with someone about Mongeese, and sort of got distracted and never came back.

Well, I saw this link in my internet favorites this morning and thought I'd try logging in. Took me three tries but I remmebered my password.

Anyhow, I might be lurking about for a while, thought I'd say hello.
    Grab some goggles and answer to nobody.

Re: Remembered my password!

LOL

Congratulations on remembering your password and welcome back
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
      LOL

Congratulations on remembering your password and welcome back
      Still lurkin' 'round the island; may as well lurk about the forums.

Comment

So how has your Hawaii experience been, over the past 4 years? How did your expectations and preconceptions compare to reality?

I've grown up here, so I take a lot of things for granted.
        "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
        "

Comment

So far so good. . . I haven't spent nearly as much time at the beach as I thought I would. When I was on the mainland and it was a 2 hour drive to the icey cold waters of the Oregon coast, going to the beach wa s abig deal and I used to do it whenever I could. Now that it's three blocks away it's like; "Meh, it'll be there tomorrow." lol

Radio sucks, that's a bummer. No real music scene I've been able to locate, nor have I really found my niche in my community, not enough nerds here. There was a coffee shop downtown at Forst Street Mall (Badass Coffee) that reminded me a lot of coffee shops in Portland. I used to pass it every day on my way to work and stop in, felt good and familiar. . . but it closed like two weeks ago. McSadface.

Been meaning to learn to fish (either pole or spear) but haven't had the time, or anyone to teach me. I dunno; ultimately things are good, but I still don't feel like I've really got my feet under me. But then that's not surprising since I previously lived in the same town for 26 years.
          Last edited by Zovo; April 28, 2011, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zovo View Post
            Now that it's three blocks away it's like; "Meh, it'll be there tomorrow."
            Haha, ain't that always that case?

We used have a cool radio station, Radio Free Hawaii, which was very popular with the people but not popular with advertisers, so it failed financially.

Bummer about your favorite coffee store. When I was in Texas, I would stand in the Asian food aisle, at the super market, when I was feeling homesick.
            "

Comment

Working...
            X