Meat glue and pink slim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meat glue and pink slim

Modern life protects us from primitive predators (lions, wolves, etc.), but it exposes us to more dangerous ones. It's sad, that it takes non-Americans to warn us about our food supply:

Meat Glue:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss_b-dRIOOg

Jamie Oliver on Pink Slime:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wshlnRWnf30

Increasing profit margins at the expense of our health.
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Re: Meat glue and pink slim

Whoopsie

slim -> slime
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "

Comment

I was aware of pink slime but not meat glue. Must share that. Thx.

Comment

Nice shock value, nothing concerning health threat. I'd be much more worried about eating any sort of commercial fresh food than anything that's just been properly cooked. Then again, I'm happy to eat soylent green, at the right price. Where are the videos of farm, factory and restaurant workers spitting, urinating and defecating and on our salad greens? Yum!
        Last edited by salmoned; April 28, 2011, 02:07 PM.
        May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

The main health concern is a meat-glued "steak" being cooked medium rare and people getting food poisoning from it.

Pink slime is mostly a "yuck" thing. Then again, we happily eat Spam here. And people voluntarily eat a lot of unhealthy things.

A little shock value is good, if it gets people to think more about their food. Then again, they may just dig deeper into denial.

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
          Where are the videos of farm, factory and restaurant workers spitting, urinating and defecating and on our salad greens? Yum!
          Nothing like a little cultural exchange!

Good point about uncooked processed foods. Feces from livestock and wild pigs are probably a more significant source of food poisoning, though the idea of an underpaid worker getting revenge on society sticks in the mind better.
          "

Comment

Then again, they may just dig deeper into denial.
            There's gold down here somewhere. . .
            Grab some goggles and answer to nobody.

Comment

Working...
            X