Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Receive emails when a thread has a new post?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receive emails when a thread has a new post?

I want to keep tabs on many posts here, but since its small, I don't want to come here everyday just to check to see if someone answered in a thread of mine (or a thread I'm interested in tracking).

Many sites have it, but it seems as this doesn't. Can you make it an option to subscribe to threads and email the person whenever there's a new post in that thread?

And if this has been discussed already and is implemented, then disregard this post.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Receive emails when a thread has a new post?

Hi Adri,

I am glad to read your inquiry here, for I have thought about this, too. I hope this can be added here, if the program supports the possibility. Our lives in this modern age are so dang busy that I could dig getting emails bringing to my attention, action on certain threads.
    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

This is absolutely a must-have feature for any active discussion board, and fortunately, we do have it here at HawaiiThreads.com.

When you're reading a thread you want to keep up with, just click the "Thread Tools" menu, and you should see a few options, which include "Subscribe to This Thread." You can then choose to be notified instantly (whenever a new message is posted), or to receive only a daily or even weekly summary of that thread's activities. You can even arrange your various subscribed threads into "folders," and easily manage them through the "User CP" control panel.

An added bonus? You can subscribe to entire sub-forums, too! So, if you want to track everything in "Hawaii Print Media," you can use the "Forum Tools" menu and choose "Subscribe to this Forum."

Obviously, if you're tracking an active topic, or an active forum, we don't recommend the "instant notification" option unless you really like to know about the latest and greatest post right away. Otherwise, you'll wake up in the morning to a full inbox!

Enjoy!

Comment

One caveat: occasionally you'll think a topic has completely died, and suddenly, Presto! You've got a notice in your e-mail!
        http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Eh t'anks cuz.
          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I am sitting here, thinking DUHH to myself, like why didn't I ever want to click on "tools?!" It never even occurred to me. I just read other peoples' posts, and reply. Thanks~
            Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Working...
            X