Kyocera Finecam L3v digital cam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyocera Finecam L3v digital cam?

Before moving to the Big Island I went shopping around to replace my aging HP 2.3Megapixal digital camera (yeah aging who would have thought)

I ended up going to Ritz Camera Shop in Kahala Mall where I spotted this really neat little camera, the Kyocera Finecam L3v. It's about the same size as an Olympus digital however what caught my eye was it's 2.5" very bright screen in the back similar in size to the Sony T1's. Unlike the T1 however the Kyocera Finecam L3v was 3.1 as opposed to the T1's 5-megapixal, but at $150 for 3.1 megapixal and a 2.5" screen plus 3X optical zoom I couldn't resist it so I bought it.

It does the typical new camera functions such as 320 x 240 medium res video and a multitude of scenic settings and the neat thing and the most important selling point about this camera was that it took AA batteries. So if your Lithium-ion batteries die on you, you can pop in a set of Alkalines and fire off about 30 more 3.1 megapixel stills or about 5 30-second medium res videos. The Sony T1 requires recharging of it's propietary internal battery.

The problem is that I haven't seen much advertising about this camera other than from Ritz! To me this is a really great find for the price. You get the digital and optical zoom, bright 2.5" screen (you can see it in sunlight unlike my HP), it uses SD cards and AA batteries and it shoots Video with Audio all for $150.

Is there anyone else who has heard about this camera? I want to know if this is a good thing or not. Right now it's a great camera but I'm wondering since I haven't seen any write up on this little marvel.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Re: Kyocera Finecam L3v digital cam?

Three questions about the L3v.

1) How many AA batteries does it take to power the camera?
    2) What is the max. memory size it can take for the SD card?
    3) Any idea how long this camera has been on the market?
    Last edited by helen; August 12, 2004, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Re: Kyocera Finecam L3v digital cam?

Originally posted by helen
      Three questions about the L3v.

1) How many AA batteries does it take to power the camera?
      2) What is the max. memory size it can take for the SD card?
      3) Any idea how long this camera has been on the market?
      Answer:

1) two AA batteries
      2) I have a 256Mb SD card and I know you can pop in a 512Mb SD card
      3) I did a search after my post and it came out one year ago with a MSRP of $399 and a current street price of $175. I bought it about 4 months ago.

Oh and it's a 3.2 Megapixel camera.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
      X