Weirdness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weirdness

So this morning I go out to the mailbox to pick up my copy of the Advertiser, and I find a 2003-2004 student ID for a youngster in the mailbox under the paper. My first assumption is that the kid is the delivery boy, and he inadvertently left it in there. Then I look more closely, and I see the card is from Konawaena Middle School.

What the heck is a student ID card from a school on the Big Island doing in my Oahu mailbox?

Unfortunately, DOE's budget apparently doesn't stretch to putting "If found, return to owner. Postage will be paid by addressee" on the ID card.
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Re: Weirdness

That's weird. This is even weirder. I had an odd encounter with a high school document today, too. Walking along South King Street near Bishop Street, I found a "Hawaii State Department of Education Physical Examination for Athletes" form on the ground. It was certified by a doctor at Kaiser and signed by a parent, apparently to clear an 11th grader in Wahiawa for riflery and judo.

Fortunately, it also includes the student's home address, so I'm going to mail it to him. I hope it won't be too late to sign up for sports!

Comment

Working...
    X