The Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Olympics

How have we been enjoying the Olympics? Its always one of the most compelling spectacles, I could watch it all day. Favorite part, hard to say, the march of the athletes kind of chokes me up, all these peoples from all over the world, drawn together as one just to compete in sport. And what great, amazing athletic feats.

A teaching moment, a Greco-Roman wrestling match between Georgia and Iran today. The camera briefly focuses on the Iran fans: they look exactly like us! They ARE exactly like us. Happy smiling people, men, women, kids, waving their flag, cheering on their guy, just like Americans do, or British, or Chinese, etc.

Re: The Olympics

The country of Grenada won a gold medal in Track & Field.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
      The country of Grenada won a gold medal in Track & Field.
      Cypress won their first medal ever, a gold one!
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Women's soccer gold-medal game is Thursday at 2:30 on that NBC Sports Network station (channel 19 on regular Oceanic cable). USA vs. Japan. Man, if this were the women's world cup, this island would be feverish. Should be a fun game.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Is this on NBC,CNBC,or MSNBC?

Comment

It's on a channel called NBC Sports Network. Channel 19 on basic Oceanic Cable.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Just watched Roosevelt HS grad Clarissa Chun will be taking home the bronze in Greco-Roman wrestling on MSNBC.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                Just watched Roosevelt HS grad Clarissa Chun will be taking home the bronze in Greco-Roman wrestling on MSNBC.
                That's good news for a big league sistah.

Comment

Just watched Mexico defeat Brazil for gold in soccer, nothing against Brazil but HOORAY For Mexico!

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                    Just watched Mexico defeat Brazil for gold in soccer, nothing against Brazil but HOORAY For Mexico!
                    There is unbounded joy in Manana Land today. Viva Mexico!
                    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Sad its all over. What a great spectacle. In the closing ceremonies there were tens of thousands of people from all over the world, all smiling and happy. Anybody sane would say that this is what the natural human state should be. So its 2 years until the winter Olympics in Sochi, good luck to Russia presenting the games to the world. The only disappointment with the Olympics is that it only happens every four years.

Comment

Working...
                      X