Hawai'i Friends Visiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawai'i Friends Visiting

Friends from Honolulu will be visiting in San Diego this week. They arrive tonight. Unfortunately we are having a major cold snap: its 51 at ll am, with a low of 42 expected tonight. It happens every few years. It will be a real shock for them, I hope they are prepared. Like me. I have the heat on, am wearing socks, sweat pants, a sweat shirt, and a beanie, inside the house. The cat is asleep by the heater. This should not be happening: lows should never go under 60 or highs under 80, the ocean should never go under 70. Oh I do hear Hawai'i calling. How do people put up with Chicago winters? Why? Why am I not relaxing in the shade of a banyan tree, cooling off in clear clean warm Hawaiian waters. Anyway, I hope the friends enjoy their stay in sunny (at least its sunny) San Diego. Aloha.

Re: Hawai'i Friends Visiting

Same here, Lopeti. I'm in SoCal right now for the holidays. I went to the gym this morning and it was 30F outside at 0700. We heat the fale to 68F during the day but I am still in sweat pants and shirt right now. As far as the cat...........

Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

They are staying at the sister in law's & her hubby's house, and had so many electric heaters running that it blew the circuit breaker. They have rented a house by the beach. It continues cold but is gradually starting to warm up.

One of the worst disasters in Cal history was the big freeze in the early '90's. Usually the big cold air blasts from Canada head east, they go over the Rockies or east of them, but that one came over California. It not only destroyed most of the year's crops, it was so cold it killed a lot of fruit trees. That winter we took a drive up the coast, I will never forget seeing nor. cal. surfers handling that awesome frigidness. They must have anti freeze in their blood, I was never that hard core. Plus they have great whites to deal with.

Comment

It continues unusually cool here but its starting to get better. This morning I was walking on the pier and dolphins were leaping from the waves, they were surfing and having a blast, waves about 7-10 ft. Struck up a conversation with a guy from Rapid City, SD, he told me it is 16 degrees there now so...how can we really complain about 55. As to the dolphins, you see them from time to time swimming around looking for food and I have even seen them surfing before, they do have fun, but this was amazing, it was like a Sea World display, everybody was stoked. The Hawaiian word for dolphin is nai'a.

Comment

How nice! For Christmas they gave me a book on history of hula, a subject I need to know more about.

Comment

They have returned safely to their beloved Honolulu. Its always nice to see them. They visited with their grand kids and these kids were super, so intelligent and curious and well behaved. I hope they have really good lives.

Comment

Working...
            X