Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from Oklahoma

Hello!!!
    I lived in Hawaii, Schofield Barracks from 79-81, cant believe it has been that long!!
    Constantly think of going back but dont know if I would be allowed on base which is where most of my memories are.
    Would all but kill to find these shoes they made back then that were in style!
    If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Re: Aloha from Oklahoma

Originally posted by memorylane
    Hello!!!
    I lived in Hawaii, Schofield Barracks from 79-81, cant believe it has been that long!!
    Constantly think of going back but dont know if I would be allowed on base which is where most of my memories are.
    Would all but kill to find these shoes they made back then that were in style!
    Welcome! How old were you when you were here in the islands - sounds like you were a dependent at the time?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
      Welcome! How old were you when you were here in the islands - sounds like you were a dependent at the time?
      My dad was in the Army, we were stationed on Schofield Barracks. 1867B Ekaha Circle. I was stunned to find they removed the cross on Kole Kole Pass, dont know when they did however. I have a picture of my brother hanging out of the top of it.
      I just babysat for other military families and rode my bike all over the barracks mostly.

Comment

And where are you in Oklahoma?

I got my very first credits toward Social Security retirement pay at a Woolworth's in Lawton. Stock boy. Who quickly decided, after seeing the storage space, never to eat loose candies from Woolworth's again.

Comment

Little bitty Tecumseh.......we did the Lawton thing before coming to Hawaii as a matter of fact! Do-do skate park, Logan Dr. Cache Road Baptist, lol

Comment

Working...
          X