PDA

View Full Version : Aloha from Oklahoma

memorylane
August 17th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Hello!!!
I lived in Hawaii, Schofield Barracks from 79-81, cant believe it has been that long!!
Constantly think of going back but dont know if I would be allowed on base which is where most of my memories are. :(
Would all but kill to find these shoes they made back then that were in style!

Glen Miyashiro
August 17th, 2004, 10:15 AM
Hello!!!
I lived in Hawaii, Schofield Barracks from 79-81, cant believe it has been that long!!
Constantly think of going back but dont know if I would be allowed on base which is where most of my memories are. :(
Would all but kill to find these shoes they made back then that were in style!
Welcome! How old were you when you were here in the islands - sounds like you were a dependent at the time?

memorylane
August 17th, 2004, 10:21 AM
Welcome! How old were you when you were here in the islands - sounds like you were a dependent at the time?

My dad was in the Army, we were stationed on Schofield Barracks. 1867B Ekaha Circle. I was stunned to find they removed the cross on Kole Kole Pass, dont know when they did however. I have a picture of my brother hanging out of the top of it.
I just babysat for other military families and rode my bike all over the barracks mostly.

Albert
August 17th, 2004, 10:32 AM
And where are you in Oklahoma?

I got my very first credits toward Social Security retirement pay at a Woolworth's in Lawton. Stock boy. Who quickly decided, after seeing the storage space, never to eat loose candies from Woolworth's again. :)

memorylane
August 17th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Little bitty Tecumseh.......we did the Lawton thing before coming to Hawaii as a matter of fact! Do-do skate park, Logan Dr. Cache Road Baptist, lol