Recent posts listing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent posts listing?

When I hit the "New Posts" button when I'm logged in, if no one has posted anything since my last check, the system gives me a "no records" result. Is there a way I can get a listing of all recent posts (in reverse chron order) when logged in, regardless of whether I've read them already?

Re: Recent posts listing?

I was just thinking about this. By default, when logged in, you get New Posts, and when not logged in, you get Today's Posts. If, as a logged in user, you go through all the threads, you'll get 'No new posts' when using the New Posts link. But if you browse the site without logging in, the Today's Posts link will always and reliably give you the last 24 hours of posts in reverse chronological order.

On another forum I frequent, the Today's Posts is the default behavior, whether you're logged in or not. And, since this forum software also does the flower color-change for fora in which there's something new, perhaps the New Posts link isn't neccessary.

I could just make the Today's Posts the only thing that menu-bar link does... what do y'all think?

Comment

I've modified the link so that you can choose either "New Posts" or "Latest Posts" when logged in. So, you can see only those threads you haven't checked by clicking "New Posts," or you can see every post made in the last 24 hours by clicking "Latest Posts." Hope this helps!

Comment

Thanks for adding the "Latest Posts" button - much more usable!

Comment

Working...
        X