Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exorcist

well, that's wild;
    one of my fave films; exorcist, has of course, in it's lineage, a prequel. first one directed by paul Shrader, that was canned after creative differences w/Morgan creek. Then renny harlin came in and created a completely different prequel. Morgan creek is as you see, releasing the harlin version major style and the shrader version will be available to view also, but on DVD soon!
    two new exorcists!
    and the buzz is they are both not too bad. Shrader version is tamer, renny's version fairly gory and more frightening.
    Last edited by kimo55; August 23, 2004, 12:35 PM.

Re: exorcist

Another one of those movies where they shouldn't have done a "preview". But they did, and it totally turned me off seeing the movie.

Comment

Re: exorcist

Originally posted by Albert
      Another one of those movies where they shouldn't have done a "preview". But they did, and it totally turned me off seeing the movie.

i have seen so many trailers that seem totally irrelevant to the actual movie that it led me to. And I have seen two or three different trailers to a film that made the film appear to be three different movies. You can do that in editing and voiceover. So, I go see what I like regardless of trailers or critics.

(with the exception of Roger Ebert. he is god.)

Comment

26 Behind-The-Scenes TV And Movie Facts That Are Creepy, Dark, Or Just Plain Freaky (yahoo.com)

"Exorcist" had scary incidents behind the scenes.

Comment

Why Did Ellen Burstyn Come Back for The Exorcist: Believer? (yahoo.com)

There were a couple of sequels to the original already.

Comment

William Friedkin, Acclaimed Director of ‘The French Connection’ and ‘The Exorcist,’ Dies at 87 (yahoo.com)

"The Exorcist" was scary because it was realistic.

RIP: Director William Friedkin

Comment

Working...
            X