• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wi-fi / wired network hardware

For sale:

1. 10 Mbps D-Link four-port hub
    2. Linksys BEFSR11 one-port 10/100 Mbps router
    3. Linksys WAP11 wireless access point (WiFi-B)

They all work fine and come with AC adapters. $50 for the lot.

Re: Wi-fi / wired network hardware

Originally posted by Eric
    For sale:

1. 10 Mbps D-Link four-port hub
    2. Linksys BEFSR11 one-port 10/100 Mbps router
    3. Linksys WAP11 wireless access point (WiFi-B)

They all work fine and come with AC adapters. $50 for the lot.
    I just want to get these things out of my house, but I don't want to throw 'em away because they still work. I'm lowering the asking price to $25 for the lot. Hook up all your PCs and have a wireless node, too! Send me a private message if you're interested.

Comment

Well, I found a use for the hub, but the other two items are still available. I'll sell 'em for $20. Hey, a router and a Wi-Fi access point for twenty dollars. Whatta deal, huh?

Comment

For those who don't know, the WAP11 can be upgraded to be turned into a wireless bridge. Sure beats what you'd pay for a dedicated booster/relay.

Unfortunately, Eric, all of my WiFi stuff is within ten yards of each other, so I don't think I need a second WAP11 just yet!

P.S. I had to look up the BEFSR11. What can one do with a one-port router?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
          P.S. I had to look up the BEFSR11. What can one do with a one-port router?
          You can route traffic with it, same as with a multi-port router. The difference is that with a one-port router, you would also need a hub (like the one I had been offering) if you have more than one PC. My setup had been as follows:

cable modem
          |
          router
          |
          hub -- WAP11 )))) remote PC
          / | \
          3 wired PCs

Even if you've only got one PC, having a router can be a benefit since it will do network address translation (NAT) and thus serve as a partial firewall, preventing outside hackers from pinging your machine's ports.

(Why didn't I just have a 4-port wireless router instead of three separate boxes, you ask? Because I grew my home LAN piece by piece over a few years' time, that's why. )

Comment

Working...
          X