You are what you eat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are what you eat...

Hmmm...I couldn't decide where this should go, because it does relate to kaukau, but since it is about lawsuits, I thought it would be more appropriate here.

This is a story that appears in your Honolulu Advertiser this morning, and it relates to all the "Cheeseburger" lawsuits that have been cropping up around the country.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: You are what you eat...

It's quite pathetic. "I'm fat. I can't stop eating your food. I can't control myself from going to your restaurant." "Let me sue you."

Idiots. Everyone always has someone else to blame.

Comment

Gosh...what next! I realize you are what you eat, but blaming others if you're overweight! What next!
      Retired Senior Member

Comment

yeah, great for us our congressman Ed Case is totaly for those sort of law suits, next they will be sueing L&L for selling food that tastes so good!

Comment

Hmm. A fan of Mike's music, a supporter of Tulsi Gabbard Tamayo, and an Ed Case critic? Has the Gabbard campaign finally discovered this little corner of the web?

Either way, KaipuaGirl, welcome, and I look forward to your Introduction.

I think, meanwhile, that there need be no further assertions that this discussion forum is overrun by commie pinko lefty hippies. We've got a good mix, and that makes things all the more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
            I think, meanwhile, that there need be no further assertions that this discussion forum is overrun by commie pinko lefty hippies.
            Hey, I resemble that remark.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
              Hey, I resemble that remark.
              NOT!.
              Gee, I hope you are not selling yourself short.
              *Note: I am not making fun of your height.
              Aches & Pains
              (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by KaipuaGurl
                yeah, great for us our congressman Ed Case is totaly for those sort of law suits, next they will be sueing L&L for selling food that tastes so good!

Don't you mean : (h)Ed Case, or at least a (h)Ed ache?. LOL.
                Aches & Pains
                (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Hmm. A fan of Mike's music, a supporter of Tulsi Gabbard Tamayo, and an Ed Case critic? Has the Gabbard campaign finally discovered this little corner of the web?

Either way, KaipuaGirl, welcome, and I look forward to your Introduction.

I think, meanwhile, that there need be no further assertions that this discussion forum is overrun by commie pinko lefty hippies. We've got a good mix, and that makes things all the more interesting.
                  Wow, you saw some of my posts. Good job! dig a little deeper up my ass and you may find what I ate for dinner.

With the way you treat people, and your afflictions to Ed Case, make me certainly consider it. But for now I think I will just share my views thank you.

please leave me and my posts alone.

mahalo,
                  Last edited by KaipuaGurl; September 1, 2004, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Gee. Defensive much? I was welcoming you and - seeing the common thread in a few of your posts (a Gabbard song for a football fight anthem? Injecting Ed Case into this thread?) - noting that at least, perhaps, we were finally starting to see people from a more conservative bent here (as our poor Mel has frequently felt out of sorts in a supposed sea of awful liberals).

Loosen up a little. We can cross swords, but we should be able to have a little fun while we're at it. I was just trying to tease an intro out of you.

Unless, of course, there is a campaign link, in which case... well, I'd love to hear your views in the Case v. Gabbard thread.

Comment

Gee. Defensive much? I was welcoming you and - seeing the common thread in a few of your posts (a Gabbard song for a football fight anthem? Injecting Ed Case into this thread?) - noting that at least, perhaps, we were finally starting to see people from a more conservative bent here (as our poor Mel has frequently felt out of sorts in a supposed sea of awful liberals).

Loosen up a little. We can cross swords, but we should be able to have a little fun while we're at it. I was just trying to tease an intro out of you.

Unless, of course, there is a campaign link, in which case... well, I'd love to hear your views in the Case v. Gabbard thread.
                      On the note that I am a little on the conservative side, which is obviously the exact opposite than Ed Case on issues such as Leasehold conversion, traditional values etc. Yes you are correct on assuming that I will not be voting Ed Case.

Whether or not I will be voting for Mike Gabbard I am not sure yet. I had a look at your thread Case v. Gabbard, and I will have to see what Mike has to say rather than on a few issues that were braught up before I descide to vote for him. Really other than his music I haven't heard much about him until now.

Re: the music, I have Mikes CD in my collection. And it was playing while I was watching a taped Warriors game with family, and we all looked at eachother because as the Warriors were entering it sounded so good. It was one of those feelings that just make you want to jump up and shout 'YEAH! GO! WHOO!! WARRIORS!!'

Comment

This is getting stupid. KaipuaGurl - ripping people is not going to help you or your cause. Calm, intelligent conversation might work, but as it stands, you're beginning to turn people off. But keep it up, we all need a little humor and fodder for the water cooler (insert laugh track here)!

Comment

Originally posted by KaipuaGurl
                          On the note that I am a little on the conservative side, which is obviously the exact opposite than Ed Case on issues such as Leasehold conversion, traditional values etc. Yes you are correct on assuming that I will not be voting Ed Case.
                          Thanks for your reply, KaipuaGurl. I hope we can demonstrate that we can have differences of opinion and have a feisty debate, without getting personal or turning on each other.

Though I'm certain Mel's ears are burning already, he and I are a good example of how political sparring partners can still be friendly "off the playing field" that is the Internet. And what's been especially gratifying about the debate is discovering that there are commonalities. We (and here I mean everyone) might disagree on moral, political, and other issues... but we can also share a love for music, local food, and many of the other things we also discuss here.

If the clashes in "Hawaii Hall" or "The American Asylum" ever get your blood pressure up, just head on over to "Kaukau Corner" or "Circuit Circus" and talkstory about something else for a while.

Comment

Though I'm certain Mel's ears are burning already, he and I are a good example of how political sparring partners can still be friendly "off the playing field" that is the Internet. And what's been especially gratifying about the debate is discovering that there are commonalities. We (and here I mean everyone) might disagree on moral, political, and other issues... but we can also share a love for music, local food, and many of the other things we also discuss here.
                            Yeah, like me the godless hellbound atheist and Bradda Craig the deluded Jesus freak. (Jus kidding Craig.)

Comment

By the way KaipuaGurl, welcome to the Internet. Checking up on what somebody has said in the past like pzarquon did isn't being nosy, it's actually being polite because then you have a better idea of where the person is coming from. And in business it's standard these days to google somebody to get the scoops on them when you first meet them (or before, if possible).

Comment

Working...
                              X