Ho, awesome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ho, awesome!

Howzit everybody..I'm new to the threads and want to officially say HOWZIT to everyone. I live on the Big Island, do morning radio at B-97 in Hilo. (Classic hits/rock). I've been here for almost 20 years and have the basal cell scars to prove it. (Don't worry..I see a dermatologist frequently.)

Thanks to Craig Watanabe for letting me know about Hawaii Threads. Funny, I've been reading Mel's Hawaii Radio and Television Guide for years and never once bothered to check Hawaii Threads. I thought it was a sewing circle or something. Stupid me.

I love living in Hilo. Sure, it's got that Rain Reputation thing, but after awhile you love it. (Great for naps). I met my wife here and we have 2 kids who, thankfully, look more like her than me.

Looking foward to hitting the posts! (ar ar ar...a radio joke...ahem.)

ALoha...

DC

Re: Ho, awesome!

Aloha e DeeCee! Welcome to HawaiiThreads.com. No, we're not a sewing circle... though I half expect a sewing thread to crop up any day now. We're obviously up to talk story about anything and everything.

I love living in Hilo. Sure, it's got that Rain Reputation thing, but after awhile you love it.
    Ah... While I imagine some of my fellow members here are getting tired of hearing it (or reading it), I love Hilo. It's where I met my wife, too! We both ended up at UHH, me from UHM, her from Florida. We still go back and visit whenever we can, though it gets more complicated each time since our family keeps growing. I'm dreading our next trip... interisland airfare for five ain't gonna be cheap!

We like the rain (and we love naps!), we like the slower pace... we'd live there in an instant if it weren't for that pesky "earning a living" thing. Hopefully, we'll at least be able to retire there... by which point I imagine housing will cost as much as it does in Honolulu today. If we're lucky.

And yeah, good thing for my kids, they look more like mom, too.

Go on, hit the posts... whatever that means. Hope it don't hurt!

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCee

Thanks to Craig Watanabe for letting me know about Hawaii Threads. Funny, I've been reading Mel's Hawaii Radio and Television Guide for years and never once bothered to check Hawaii Threads. I thought it was a sewing circle or something. Stupid me.
      ha ha ha ha ha ha!

This has got to be the funniest description I ever heard regarding Hawaii Threads!!!!

Maybe you can start the sewing topic on the board.

Welcome DC! I've been wondering when you'd ever stumble into this place. Thanks for your continued support of the Hawaii Radio & Television Guide and the links on your homepage back to my various sites.

I was just on the Big Island earlier this month for a nearly 2 week long vacation. Had to visit my parents and childhood home in Honokaa. Too bad B97 doesn't catch over there.

Aloha,
      mel
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCee
        I live on the Big Island, do morning radio at B-97 in Hilo. (Classic hits/rock).
        I just came back from a week in Hilo (I, too, am a UH-Hilo graduate) and spent a considerable chunk of time with the radio set at B-97. I was pretty dang impressed, and when it comes to radio, I don't impress easily.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
        X