Bethany Hamilton: Surfer & Survivor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bethany Hamilton: Surfer & Survivor

Young surfer Bethany Hamilton, whose story of shark attack survival and enduring faith has inspired many people - many of them beyond Hawaii shores - will now be the subject of a motion picture:
    Shark attack survivor Bethany Hamilton will be the subject of a feature motion picture described by its Hollywood producer as "'Blue Crush' meets 'Rocky.'" Romano/Shane Productions of Los Angeles has bought the film rights for the Kauai teen's upcoming nonfiction book, "Soul Surfer: A True Story of Faith, Family and Fighting to Get Back on the Board."
    Her official website is BethanyHamilton.com.

Re: Bethany Hamilton: Surfer & Survivor

It doesn't impress me when surfers get attacked by sharks; that doesn't take any special qualities except being unlucky. What does impress me is when they get back in the water afterwards. If a shark tore off a piece of my body, I wouldn't ever want to give 'em a chance to take another one. Props to Bethany and all the others who keep on going when they could have just stopped.

Comment

Just the fact that Bethany has the spunk to ride the waves again and after only a short time off the boards is amazing. And she's not embarrassed about showing the left "arm". I think I'd be more self-conscious about the arm being just a "stump". Just hope that the movie isn't just all hype and shows that a young person can comeback with love and support of family and friends.
      Retired Senior Member

Comment

Originally posted by Mocha
        Just the fact that Bethany has the spunk to ride the waves again and after only a short time off the boards is amazing. And she's not embarrassed about showing the left "arm". I think I'd be more self-conscious about the arm being just a "stump". Just hope that the movie isn't just all hype and shows that a young person can comeback with love and support of family and friends.
        Hi, Mocha,
        Every time I saw her picture, unconsciously I go look for her arm. I always shook my head, unbelievable. Courageous, determination, what a journey at such a young age. With admiration.
        Love, Lillian Hong

Comment

Bethany Hamilton Launching Fragrances
          Friday, Associated Press, April 1, 2005
          Teen surfer Bethany Hamilton is bottling her passion: She's launching two fragrances — Stoked and Wired — that aim to capture the smell of the ocean. Stoked is for girls and Wired is for boys. Stoked blends notes of clementine, pineapple, tropical orchids, lotus blossoms, sandalwood and coconut. Wired includes notes of orange and Asian pear, jasmine, juniper, cedar wood and sandalwood.

Comment

Working...
          X