naturopathic/holistic medicine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• naturopathic/holistic medicine

Aloha......Can anyone recommend or know of a good, reputable naturopathic doctor here in Hawaii?

Re: naturopathic/holistic medicine

Aren't those words mutually exclusive?

Comment

I don't know if you can call them "doctors," but if there's a licensing requirement for naturopathy, it's a fair bit above mere quackery.

naturopathy - n. pl. A system of therapy that relies on natural remedies, such as sunlight supplemented with diet and massage, to treat illness.

Maybe you can contact the Hawaii Society of Naturopathic Physicians? They have a member listing online. I like the last link on their website menu: "Eh You Like Practice Hawaii?"

Comment

Quackery or not, I'd rather go au naturale then be constantly medicated by mainstream practitioners.......take two motrin and don't call me in the morning.....if you come back I'll give you a higher dosage, or better yet, here's some "anti"biotics for whatever the heck's wrong w/you..........NO THANKS!

Comment

Originally posted by mmhromeo
          Quackery or not, I'd rather go au naturale then be constantly medicated by mainstream practitioners.......take two motrin and don't call me in the morning.....if you come back I'll give you a higher dosage, or better yet, here's some "anti"biotics for whatever the heck's wrong w/you..........NO THANKS!
          Err... and what's wrong with that approach?

Comment

Note I didn't call it quackery. There are members of my family that believe quite strongly in things like "giving light" and other nontraditional health practices, and as long as they're healthy and happy, I can't say anything.

I figure there's nothing wrong with taking advantage of the services of both conventional Western medicine as well as naturopathic/holistic practitioners. Frankly, when you're sick, you'll often take any relief you can get.

Choosing one or the other exclusively is another matter. I suppose we could let Darwin's theory determine which form of medicine is superior. I might just be a brainwashed stooge of the medical industry, but if I ever am stricken with a brain tumor or a sucking flesh wound, I'll want more than a handful of herbs and a new age CD.

Comment

Hawaii Society of Naturopathic Physicians
              P.O. Box 542
              Kailua, HI 96734

Comment

Aloha mmhromeo,
                i am a student of naturopathy and have researched some naturopaths here in Hawaii and I highly recomend Dr. Thauna Abrian in Manoa. Check her out at her website http://www.drthauna.com Her site is really informational and I think she's really good and professional. Has good credits too!
                Good Luck with your search!
                Aloha!

Comment

thanks for the recommendation!

Comment

Originally posted by mmhromeo
                    Aloha......Can anyone recommend or know of a good, reputable naturopathic doctor here in Hawaii?
                    Take a look through Hawaii's all inclusive on-line guide to health resources: http://www.hawaiihealthguide.com

You will find several local naturopathic physicians listed in the Physicians directory along with bios and photos.

Good Health to You.

Comment

Working...
                    X