Smoke, smoke, smoke dat cigarette!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoke, smoke, smoke dat cigarette!

from the : "crazy world aint it!?" files...

News Flash!

Tobacco kills more Americans than AIDS, alcohol, car accidents, murders, suicides, drugs and fires combined.

Cigarettes contain more than 4000 chemicals, 43 of which have been proven to cause cancer.

Cigarettes contain more than 40 carcinogens.

Smoke filled rooms can contain more than 6 times the air pollution than a busy highway.

Each year, more than five million years of life could have been saved if every person who died that year from cigarette smoking had lived to their average life expectancy. (Cigarettes! the great population control!)

Smoking costs the U.S. approximately $97.2 billion each year in health-care costs and lost productivity

A person dies every 10 seconds from tobacco-related causes. (we gotta find this person and help them!)

For every eight smokers who die from tobacco use, one non smoker will die from exposure to second hand smoke.

Secondhand smoke has higher concentrations of toxins than inhaled smoke.

Second-hand smoke causes many diseases in children, including ear infections, asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, and SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome). Smoke in an infant's household quadruples the chances of a SIDS death (sudden infant death syndrome). Each year in the United States second-hand smoke causes an estimated 284 to 364 deaths in children from house fires and lung infections. Also, it causes between 354,000 and 2.2 million ear infections in children, as well as 260,000 to 436,000 episodes of bronchitis and 115,000 to 190,000 episodes of pneumonia. A non-smoking spouse of a regular smoker has a 20% increase in their chances of developing lung cancer, and a 30% increase in their chance of developing heart disease. (If ya can't quit for yourself, quit for the keiki in your life!)

Smokers are subject to cancer, heart attack, stroke, asthma, impotence, chronic lung disease, coronary heart disease, cancer of the lungs, larynx, esophagus, mouth, and bladder, cancer of the cervix, pancreas, and kidneys, back pain, osteoporosis (thinning of the bones), circulation problems, "hardening the arteries", creates low-level carbon monoxide poisoning. Smoking decreases the delivery of oxygen to every part of the body including discs in the spine. Smokers have more back pain than non-smokers, and heal slower.

There are more than 40 chemicals in tobacco smoke that cause cancer in humans.

Then we have recent news reports regarding an herb (ephedra) used for thousands of years safely through the orient and now currently in use by hundreds of thousands of Americans has resulted in 155 deaths.

But: 440,000 deaths in America are attributable each and every year to cigarette smoking. As you see above, we won't even bring up the second hand smoke subject.

So with the above information, what do we now hear in the press?!

The federal government will ban the herb and urge all and sundry to avoid it because of serious health risks.

Health and human Services secretary Tommy Thompson certainly has his priorities mixed up, Or his pockets fully lined by payola from the tobacco industry. Take your pick.

No one said anyone in government was accountable or could think clearly and unpredjudicially. And this recent development or devolvement certainly illustrates it.

....oh and we ALSO have cops spending our hard spent tax dollars standing around looking for people not wearing seat belts. And we have governments spending millions on seatbelt wearing campaigns... "pick it and flik it" or some such nonsense...

These cops wait to pounce on the non seat belt wearin criminal while watching thoughtless polluters flik their butts out the car windows onto our aina.

no one said life and our modern world made any sense...
    Last edited by kimo55; September 3, 2004, 04:49 PM.

Re: Smoke, smoke, smoke dat cigarette!

hay, I am angry about people in this world,
    smoking, also!.

My hubby's mom & dad smoked, almost all their life.
    Smoking has gotten them cancer & emphysema!.

Unfortunately, that's what it took them to
    realize & to stop smoking.

Thank God, they have finally stoped.

My hubby's mom has been taking chemotherapy
    to save her life.

Why can't others see that it is also bad for them?!.

Thank God I have NEVER started on a filthy habbit!.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

hmmm...
      the reason the government doesn't do anything about it is because they get so much revenue from taxes... the tobacco companies have infiltrated the government, and it is the same with the oil companies, which is why we don't have a better system than the internal combustion after 100 years !

Comment

Originally posted by j3rr3y
        hmmm...
        the reason the government doesn't do anything about it is because they get so much revenue from taxes... the tobacco companies have infiltrated the government, and it is the same with the oil companies, which is why we don't have a better system than the internal combustion after 100 years !

that''s a given; that the govnmt. is in bed with the oil and terbaccy co's.

it is a cwazy woild.
        unjust, bent, warped and ya can't expe any justice in it so jess make yer own lil paradise in yer own lil world...

Comment

More people have died as a result of alcohol.
          If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

Maybe I should print this and post this at the "smokers' lanai" at my school to help people quit; but probably they'll say that it helps them "relieve stress and relax". Yeah right; if you want to get rid of stress, do it the old way, or die from it.
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456
              Maybe I should print this and post this at the "smokers' lanai" at my school to help people quit;

people quit from internally motivated inpetus. If it's someone else's idea, they don't move.
              basic human nature.

Comment

Hey I like smokers! They keep the mosquitoes away and when you need to light a firecracker there's always a punk around

One day after going to Long's Drugs to pick up a few household items including a can of Lysol, we stopped at Zippy's Waialae Avenue by Ace Hardware for some lunch (that Zippy's is all outdoor seating).

So we're having our chili and rice when these two kids sit next to us and started lighting them up. I didn't even say a single word as I pulled out the can of Lysol and began emptying it in their direction until they caught the hint. There's a place to smoke, and it's not around others who would rather not smell their smoke or their bad breath.

Would you fut in public? Same thing, stinks real bad but the action makes you feel better. The difference is that they blow their smoke into the air as if in defiance of others where as you fut the "silent but deadly" release of methane into the air so no one else can know who did it.

The defiant person who flatuates in public loudly is considered obnoxious. Same goes for smokers in the eyes of those who don't smoke.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

"The defiant person who flatuates in public loudly is considered obnoxious. Same goes for smokers in the eyes of those who don't smoke."

Not to mention people who arrive in a quiet place where one is quietly reading, pulls out a cellphone and begins an inane conversation.

(I'd rather have cigarette smoke anyday, but then I recently marked my fiftieth anniversary of being a smoker.)

Comment

Yeah why is it that people talk LOUDER when they're on the phone. Taking cell phone use another notch are those who use the "walkie talkie" function to talk about very personal stuff like: "eh honey I love you please no leave me, over" "Junior boy I wen give you my life but you wen walk all ova my battered body like one cockaroach, over" "I promise I goin treat you mo bettah" long silence..... "Junior Boy you nevah say Over", "Cuz Honey girl, I no like dis to be ovah" "Oh Junior Boy you say da most beautiful tings, okay we go meet Zippy's and talk it over, I love you too"

Oh man please talk to Dear Abby or something but no use the walkie talkie function for stuff like dat!
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Speaking of tooting, lmbo.........when i smoked walking along Ala Moana, I would crush it out and throw the butt in the trash rather than leaving it to *uglify* the streets..........toot-toot goes my horn..........
                      If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

https://www.yahoo.com/health/secondh...444498677.html

Strong stuff.

Comment

More Americans Think Smoking Weed Is Safer Than Tobacco – Experts Might Disagree (msn.com)

Smoking and safer doesn't go together.

Comment

Working...
                          X