PDA

View Full Version : Aloha mai kakou!

Tutulady
September 3rd, 2004, 08:34 PM
Aloha! I have been meaning to check this place out for quite some time thanks to Peshkwe who pointed out this site to a bunch of us old timer posters over at the Honolulu Advertiser's bulletin board.

To begin with, I wanted to introduce myself here and hope to get to know more of you "regulars" as time goes by. I have noticed some of my hoaloha are here before me. :o So, permit me a very brief introduction in the traditions of my ancestors:

Aloha mai kakou. O Kalua ko'u inoa. Noho au i Makaha, Wai'anae, O'ahu o Kakuhihewa. He one hanau no Keaukaha, Moku o Keawe. O Kalua, he keiki a Eddie Kalu Wilson laua Hannah Hana Mahi. E ola, e ulu, e alohaloha ke akua, na aumakua, na kiniakua, me na pae 'aina o Hawai'i nei. Aloha e... aloha mai... aloha e...

kumukulanui
September 4th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Aloha ahiahi kaua Tutulady

Pehea 'oe? Nice to see you here and to see some Hawaiian. I wandered over from soc.culture.hawaii

Nothing else - just wanted to say 'e komo mai'

Peter Forster

Peshkwe
September 4th, 2004, 03:06 PM
*Looks at the avatar pic*

Eh??

*runs over to the HA board n looks thru the avatar pics*

Eh???????

*runs back and double looks dis one agin*

Laura...zat you??

Leimamo
September 4th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Aloha and welcome to the Threads, Tutulady. ;)

Tutulady
September 5th, 2004, 05:43 AM
*Looks at the avatar pic*

Eh??

*runs over to the HA board n looks thru the avatar pics*

Eh???????

*runs back and double looks dis one agin*

Laura...zat you??
First of all, mahalo nui to all for the warm welcomes. I look forward to meeting and talking story in future. :)

Pesh - The avatar is a caracature of me done by dmblond. It was based on a photo from 2002 (I think you saw that one). However, the avatar lost some poundage in the process don't ya think? LOLOLOL I know I lost some, and wish I really looked as good as Tutu but my guess is that those poser programs cannot draw true to life yet. Ahh well, one can only hope for someday eh? *hehe* You push the brushes right, do you do caricatures as well? (just curious of course) :D

Tutulady
September 5th, 2004, 05:48 AM
Aloha ahiahi kaua Tutulady

Pehea 'oe? Nice to see you here and to see some Hawaiian. I wandered over from soc.culture.hawaii

Nothing else - just wanted to say 'e komo mai'

Peter Forster
Aloha no e Pekelo! Maika'i no au mahalo! A'o'oe? Is soc.culture.hawaii an 'olelo Hawai'i site? Perhaps I will go check it out and see since I have not heard of that site. Anyway, thank you for the acknowledgement and hope to talk more later yeah? :)

Peshkwe
September 5th, 2004, 11:44 AM
First of all, mahalo nui to all for the warm welcomes. I look forward to meeting and talking story in future. :)

Pesh - The avatar is a caracature of me done by dmblond. It was based on a photo from 2002 (I think you saw that one). However, the avatar lost some poundage in the process don't ya think? LOLOLOL I know I lost some, and wish I really looked as good as Tutu but my guess is that those poser programs cannot draw true to life yet. Ahh well, one can only hope for someday eh? *hehe* You push the brushes right, do you do caricatures as well? (just curious of course) :D

Heehee...I thought I recognised the Koshini doll.... tho' it's a bit limited in facial morphs. Yeah I can do caricatures, tho only thing up that you can see is these (mouse over the pic):

http://www.pali.net/sightssounds/sights.booklet04.html

I really got to get a website up one day...but talking about mehself is an anathma....bleh.....let alone doing the coding 'cause I sure can't afford to get it done.

Hey go over to the HA when ya get a chance, check your PM's I needs some input.

kumukulanui
September 6th, 2004, 06:05 AM
Aloha no e Pekelo! Maika'i no au mahalo! A'o'oe? Is soc.culture.hawaii an 'olelo Hawai'i site? Perhaps I will go check it out and see since I have not heard of that site. Anyway, thank you for the acknowledgement and hope to talk more later yeah? :)

Maika'i au mahalo Tutulady.

s.c.h is hardly ever an 'olelo Hawai'i site, although it is in theory.

Tank yu tu mas and ta ta (Bislama from Vanuatu, where I lived last)

Peter