tae guk ki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tae guk ki

saw tae guk ki this past weekend. i am not a war movies person, but i liked this one.

the story is good, but it is quite gory. this could contend for an oscar in the foreign film category.
    Fair and Balanced

Re: tae guk ki

Thanks for the heads up. I had a hard time finding information on the film at first, because the title is spelled different ways in different places. Over at the IMDB, you have to use Taegukgi hwinalrimyeo. "Tae Guk Gi" is another way it's spelled out there in the wild, wild web.

A lot of the information is in Korean, of course. But here's a decent write up.
    Tae Guk Gi was to be set during the Korean War, and would be the most expensive Korean film ever at US$13 million. The production involved 10 months of shooting with 200 crew members and 25,000 extras. However by the time the film was completed and released in theaters this February, the doubters were silenced.

Comment

Re: tae guk ki

the movie cost $13 million to be the Korea's most expensive movie. that is why the US makes much better movies than the rest of the world. only the US will spend hundreds of millions of dollars on a single movie.
      Fair and Balanced

Comment

Working...
      X