Sum people no more aloha nowadayz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sum people no more aloha nowadayz

On the Route A bus, going towards Waipahu from Honolulu this afternoon, a guy was so rude to the bus driver. He sat at the seat after the turn (on the second section) on the bus and he had one plastic bag with him. At the Mckinley HS stop, he got out of his seat late and reached the door when the bus pulled out of the stop. He waited a couple of seconds, and yelled at the bus driver, who stopped and let him out. He swore as he got out and looked at the bus as we departed. He was a haole man, looked like he never know what to do in Hawaii.

The Bus driver is a "veteran" with the Route, as he traveled that way for a while. He didn't deserve it, and to make it worse, there was little kids near the man who swore. When the mom them went move to the front of the bus, a few of us (including me) laughed (I sat in the last row of seats against the engine) and some even commented him on how lolo he was.

What other things you witnessed that you wished didn't happen to someone? (mean, rude things that pissed you off, even though it didn't happen to you, or it did happen to you).
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Sum people no more aloha nowadayz

That's so irritating, but it's more sad than anything else. I know what you're talking about. I used to be a tour guide at the cannery before they closed it down, and I remember quite a few times when people would lose their tempers for nothing. And I bet they never had any idea how silly it made them look.

But I guess you'll encounter that no matter where you go. I guess it's just that much more rude and ridiculous there, where most people live with Aloha spirit.
    ~'Ailina

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456
      ... He swore as he got out and looked at the bus as we departed. He was a haole man, looked like he never know what to do in Hawaii.

What other things you witnessed that you wished didn't happen to someone? (mean, rude things that pissed you off
      when ever i am tailgated in da slow lane going the speed limit, its by a haole, obviously fob.
      the other day, one haole in a navy colored jeep cherokee was tailgating me and actually honked his horn! Looked in the mirror and saw him do that stupid thing they do in CA; raise his arms up, palms upwards as if feeling for rain.

Go home! I say!

Do NOT come here and destroy our culture and feeling of aloha for erryone on da road.

poor fool doesnt know hes in hawaii. Sometimes the bad drivers are viet or da kine from wheah they drive li dat allah time. so they don't know any better. but they should.

In foodland hawaii kai, had no mo da kine quart milk. one haole crab was actually bithcing. "I am going to be here only a day more! Why should i spend so much on milk that I will have to throw away?!"
      the idiot was making a scene. whatdda jerk.

Too many from LA have a deserved rep for being blowhards, arrogant, pushy, loud..
      Waiting in line for plate lunch at one oda kapiolani arts festivals;, two haole yuppies were behind me. One actually poked me with his finger telling me "you're next' as if to imply hurry up.

I was gonna get reeeaaal pissed if he did annnything else. i was ready.
      hooo boy, da fuuu.. geddaboudit!

"the ugly american" indeed.

Comment

Only haoles do that, I wonder why?
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456
          Only haoles do that, I wonder why?

well of course the above is a generalization. i know you know more than that.
          Its unfortunate; the more mainlanders move here and bring with them their 101/405 driving habits, the more the masses here think it's ok. and they in turn emulate the behavior.
          Vicious cycle.

Comment

Haoles better understand one thing. The first haole that wen piss off da Hawaiians ended up as dinner. Captain Cook the other white meat. I guess he nevah taste ono because no one eats them anymore.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
              Haoles better understand one thing. The first haole that wen piss off da Hawaiians ended up as dinner. Captain Cook the other white meat. I guess he nevah taste ono because no one eats them anymore.

he had on that colorful getup and the goofy bozo hair.

sooo...
              they thought he was a clown.
              and thats why they don't eat clowns!
              cuz they taste funny!
              haaa.

sorry.

Comment

Now I heard that was one big fib there. That the folks in the islands there didn't eat that ol boy just cooked him down a bit for the services as was proper at the time.

Now my peeps on the other hand.....

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                  he had on that colorful getup and the goofy bozo hair.

sooo...
                  they thought he was a clown.
                  and thats why they don't eat clowns!
                  cuz they taste funny!
                  haaa.

sorry.
                  Oh man that was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe
                    Now I heard that was one big fib there. That the folks in the islands there didn't eat that ol boy just cooked him down a bit for the services as was proper at the time.
                    You mean Cook was being cooked?

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                      You mean Cook was being cooked?

no, we mean Cook had been cooked.

Comment

Yup-yup...that's the one.

Comment

of coure I don't expect to see fob haoles exhibit any kine aloha local island style behavior..
                          either in person or on the television...
                          (as far as that "north shore" series:
                          noticed; save for one or two characters and one or two scenes with water in B/G, this could be a show set in L.A.: all the characters act, sound and talk like arrogant belligerent spoiled L.A. jerks. and brats. All of them. of all ages. No island style nuances, inflections, language, slang, not a hint of aloha style casual laidback interaction, (course not. IF they had that, the pacing would be different and they also must retain the bitchiness among all and sundry. then of course it wouldnt be the soap opera it is.)

anyway; main point;
                          was between cars the other day so hadda ride da bus for two days.
                          the ride from hawaii kai to waikiki had one haole jerk tourist idiot sitting there with an empty seat next to the window with his knapsack on it. as the bus filled up fully, with many japanese tourists of the female gender and a few couples, elderly, dis buggah never once offered the seat. I got the attention of a woman and motioned her to the seat and I said; tell him move da bag. assert yourself.
                          hoping her husband may take a hint too.
                          she looked concerned and said; no, no need.
                          I asked if she wanted my seat she said no..
                          but I can't believe a haole guy wouldn't want a cute Japanese girl to sit next to him even a few blocks. where's da aloah there? None.
                          where's the even basic human decency? none.

what's dat expression;
                          "he who expects nuttin' ain't goin' be deceived"
                          Last edited by kimo55; September 22, 2004, 10:51 AM.

Comment

maybe da buggah was gay

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                              maybe da buggah was gay
                              Ai-yah! What about da local kid who wen go stab da Japanese tourist on Oahu earlier dis week for no reason at all as she was standing at da bus stop?

And den da HCVB wen go say dey going talk to da wahine and try kokua so her and her friends no go back to Japan and talk stink about Hawai'i! Why dat kine stuff gotta happen in da land of Aloha anyway?

Jeez! What is dat kid's parents teaching him, anyway? Man, if I wen tink about being dat pilau, my parents would have put me in da calaboose, no questions asked!

Miulang
                              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X